Motive 1.9.0 Beta 1 is now available

NaturalPoint-Dustin

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Motive 1.9.0 Beta 1 brings the new Point Cloud 4.0 engine, AMTI force plate support, new marker sets and an improved graph view for easier data editing. This release greatly enhances Motive for use in biomechanic applications.

Watch a video about what's new in Motive 1.9.0 here.

Download Motive 1.9.0 Beta 1 here. Unsure if you are are eligible for this release? Look up your license status.

Important Notes
  • The property settings for rigid bodies and skeletons have been moved to the Project pane.
  • Hotkeys: Zoom to fit all is now "Shift + F" and follow selected is now "G".
New Features & Enhancements

Motive 1.9.0 Beta 1
  • New Point Cloud 4.0 engine! This means even faster and more accurate marker reconstructions.
  • Skeleton-based tracking has been greatly improved for many of the most common capture situations.
  • Native AMTI force plate support now allows for recording force plate data, visualizing force plate data in live and edit modes, exporting force plate data to C3D files, and streaming force plate data via NatNet.
  • New available marker sets, including several new biomechanics marker sets, a modified 41-headband marker set, and a new 50 marker default skeleton.
  • New Labeling pane designed to greatly simplify the process of manual labeling.
  • Ability to add and remove markers from previously define rigid bodies.
  • Graphs view now shows the three dimensions of data separated between three horizontal lines centered on your current frame for easier data editing.
View the entire changelog.

If you require technical support using Motive, please contact our technical support team.

Direct download link:
http://media.naturalpoint.com/software/ ... a1_x64.exe
http://media.naturalpoint.com/software/ ... a1_x32.exe

Licensing:
Requires a license valid through October 26, 2015 (check license status here).

Download section on the OptiTrack site:
http://www.naturalpoint.com/optitrack/d ... otive.html
marianomena

Re: Motive 1.9.0 Beta 1 is now available

Post by marianomena »

its a very good release! thank you
marianomena

Post by marianomena »

I was able to understand almost all the features contained in the new LABELING pane
1) But I can't do the most important step !!!: how to assign/merge the desired "Unlabeled trajectory" to the selected "Labeled trajectory"
2) What is the "+" button for ? it says "increment label selection while labeling", but I can't still understand it
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by steven.andrews »

Hello marianomena,

Thank you for your feedback and questions regarding the new labeling pane.

The new labeling pane contains the two buttons for switching between Quick Label Mode and Select Mode. In order to label an unlabeled marker, you will want to enable the Quick Label Mode button. Once you have done this, you can select a label from the list, then click on the marker you want to label.

The + button is the Increment Label Selection while Labeling option. If this is enabled, after you have labeled one marker the labeling list will select the next label in the list. This allows a user to continue labeling the markers without returning to the labeling list.

I hope you find these additions to be useful. We are working hard to improve the editing workflow.

Best regards,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Customer Support Engineer
marianomena

Post by marianomena »

thank you very much ! This is a very nice tool !
marianomena

Post by marianomena »

HotKey Editor !!!
Finally this great feature is available.

Now I want to know if it's possible to map the "Merge Markers Up" button to a HotKey, as It's very common task for me, to work on "Channels View" mode, and currently I must to switch to the other TimeLine view, just for pressing that button.

Thanks!
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by steven.andrews »

Hello marianomena,

Currently, this hotkey is not available in Motive.
I have submitted a request to have this hotkey added. We hope that this will be added soon.

Cheers,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
marianomena

Post by marianomena »

Issue on C3D:
I'm loosing the Actor prefix when exporting my 3 actors in C3D.
This causes the "same" markers to get a number added at the end of its name. For example, HeadTop1, HeadTop2... instead of John-HeadTop, Mary-HeadTop...

Does this issue have a workaround ?
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by steven.andrews »

Hi marianomena,

Thank you for providing your feedback. It looks like this has to do with the namespace changes that were made in the C3D exporter. The next 1.9 beta should contain an additional option, when exporting C3D, that allows you to set the Marker Name Separator to "_". This will allow Motive to export C3D files that load into MotionBuilder appropriately.

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. This should be fixed soon.

Best regards,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
mariano_mena

Post by mariano_mena »

sorry, i can't find the answer to my question:

-Is this place also for reporting BETA 2 issues ?