Gaming

Here you can talk about SmartNav and related products and issues not covered by other forums.
Nex

Gaming

Post by Nex »

I am trying to figure out an adaptation to my keyboard for games. If I could separate WASD by using programmable switches for each letter, that would be ideal, especially if there's extra for other frequently used keys. I can kind of use the arrow keys on a normal keyboard but it is no where near as comfortable as switches would be.

I was also thinking about buying a foot switch for easy left/right clicking but I am unsure if there's an easier way. I know smartnav has their own switches, but if that would be preferable to using the keyboard as a mouse. At this point i am trying to figure out any adaptation to my keyboard for games.

I have Dragon for dictation and a SmartNav AT.

Suggestions?
MikeWitham

Re: Gaming

Post by MikeWitham »

Nex,

The dual foot switch is nice for easy left/right clicking. Once you get used to it, it becomes second nature. As for a switch that would work for any key press, I'm not sure. I have looked and haven't found anything that stands out. If you locate something please let me know.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
shadowcatt

Post by shadowcatt »

I am also a Quad and have found that a joystick (mapped to keyboard commands with joytokey)
works amazing for me along with the smartnav. You can buy a fightstick style controller or as I eventually did, build your own.
Grettel

Post by Grettel »

Hi! I'm interested in this device for gaming purposes too, but I would like to know if it can be used as a joystick (so it can be mapped with the WASD keys) or it works as a classical mouse only.

Also shadowcatt, I would very much appreciate if you could elaborate on your joystick+smartnav combo! Even if you link the joystick to some keys (WASD, again) you would need to use the keyboard for some other stuff as well, right? (skills, jump, dodge, crouch, etc.). So would it be joystick+smartnav+keyboard?

Thanks in advance!
cimerians

Post by cimerians »

Voicebot is an app I use in addition with this that helps a whole lot you can find it at the steam store