TrackIR 5.3.0 Autostart Still INOP on Win10

jordanal

TrackIR 5.3.0 Autostart Still INOP on Win10

Post by jordanal »

Hi all,
Is the latest version of TrackIR v5.3.0 auto-starting at login for any Win10 users?

I'm using Win10x64Pro and as was the case with the previous TrackIR versions, it still won't autostart at boot/login. It starts fine if I manually execute it after login. I've confirmed the TrackIR5.exe entry is in the registry (HKCU:Run) with the correct path to the executable. My Prepar3D rig has UAC disabled and all the MS updates through this month.

I guess we're back to using the Task Scheduler workaround? Hopefully we'll get an immediate hotfix for this very soon.
V/r,
-Al
MikeWitham

Re: TrackIR 5.3.0 Autostart Still INOP on Win10

Post by MikeWitham »

jordanal,

I'm sorry to hear that it isn't working for you. I have it working on a few PCs around the office and a couple at home. I'll have my Dev look at it and see if there is any reason that he can see on why it wouldn't be working after the 5.3 update.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
jordanal

Post by jordanal »

Thank you. That would be greatly appreciated. Standing by to test any possible solutions if/when available.
V/r,
-Al
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

jordanal,

I would suggest clearing the start with windows option you have currently, and redoing it with the new software. The only thing I can think of that will stop it from starting with Windows is if you have it set to run as admin.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager