does not open properly

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
Lesabled

does not open properly

Post by Lesabled »

Boy, could I use someone’s help out there. I’m a full quad (with no use of either hand). But thanks to Dragon NaturallySpeaking have been doing pretty well on the PC; at least when the voice is working. Anyway, the addition of Natural Point’s SmartNAV version 3.2 has been GREAT, and I find myself using it more than the voice software!
EXCEPT, it has lately not been booting up properly, and I have been unable to troubleshoot the problem. The background of the problem: the laptop has more than enough necessities for the SmartNAV software. And the software was successfully installed, set up to start at the computer ‘s bootup and has been used for the past five months or so.
But now, as the computer, NaturallySpeaking, and the SmartNAV is booting up I get the following message, “Could not open profile file Profiles\Default.xml”, & “SmartNAV” is in the upper left corner. And when the “OK” is clicked it starts working properly EXCEPT I get a “Registry Key Error” when attempting to turn the speed up, which had already been done before the reboot However, once those two error messages have been taken care of manually, it works just fine.

Thank you for the help,
Dave
SmartNAV version 3.2 Build 37 Copyright 2008
MikeWitham

Re: does not open properly

Post by MikeWitham »

Lesabled,

Hmm, that is an odd issue. Have you tried installing our latest version of the SmartNav software?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager