Backing Up Profiles

guitarwiz1

Backing Up Profiles

Post by guitarwiz1 »

I should have all the goodies some time next week for my new build, and would like to transfer my custom profiles. Maybe it's too early in the morning, but for the life of me I can't seem to find the folder they are stored in.

When I do find it...should I back up the whole folder or am I looking for something specific?
MikeWitham

Re: Backing Up Profiles

Post by MikeWitham »

guitarwiz1,

Where the profiles are stored depends on which version of the software you are running. If you are running 5.2.2 or older they are stored, by default in "C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5\Profiles". However, if you are using the newest version 5.3 they are stored in the directory "%AppData%\NaturalPoint\TrackIR 5\Profiles".

You can back up the whole folder, or just the profiles inside. You would then place them in the new location after the upgrade.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
guitarwiz1

Re: Backing Up Profiles

Post by guitarwiz1 »

MikeWitham wrote:guitarwiz1,

Where the profiles are stored depends on which version of the software you are running. If you are running 5.2.2 or older they are stored, by default in "C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5\Profiles". However, if you are using the newest version 5.3 they are stored in the directory "%AppData%\NaturalPoint\TrackIR 5\Profiles".

You can back up the whole folder, or just the profiles inside. You would then place them in the new location after the upgrade.

Regards,
Cool deal! Thanks!
I eventually did find them...What was throwing me off was I was looking for a trackIR folder.