TrackIR 5.4.0

hsth

TrackIR 5.4.0

Post by hsth »

Hello,

When downloading the latest version 5.4.0 I get interrupts in the download process and at the end a warning (see attachment).
The 5.4.0 manual is completely blank when downloaded.
Attachments
TrackIR download warning.JPG
TrackIR download warning.JPG (15.18 KiB) Viewed 4453 times
MikeWitham

Re: TrackIR 5.4.0

Post by MikeWitham »

hsth,

I have my team looking into this. What browser are you seeing this error in?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
yellow_jacket

Post by yellow_jacket »

This error shown above shows up in Internet Explorer 11. Also please note that the only way Trackir 5.4 works on my Windows 10 machine is with Compatibility Setting set to reduce color for the program to 8-bit 256 color. Without this set, it will not initialize on my system at all.
hsth

Post by hsth »

Hello,

OS Windows 10 Pro and IE 11, both updated to latest versions.

Regards,
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

yellow_jacket wrote:This error shown above shows up in Internet Explorer 11. Also please note that the only way Trackir 5.4 works on my Windows 10 machine is with Compatibility Setting set to reduce color for the program to 8-bit 256 color. Without this set, it will not initialize on my system at all.
This is the first I am hearing of an issue with the color preventing it from opening. I will look into this and see if we can locate the source of the issue.
hsth wrote:Hello,

OS Windows 10 Pro and IE 11, both updated to latest versions.

Regards,
Thank you. The team is already on a fix for this, and hopefully it will be taken care of soon.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Fryman

Post by Fryman »

I do not want to jump into this thread but I also have the same error:
The Signature of TrackIR 5.4.0.EXE is corrupt or invalid

My system is Windows 10 64 bit Pro and I am using Edge as the web browser. The error is on the download screen and nothing shows up when looking at the file itself. I have not tried to install and wanted to see if the file is good or not.
ZachBrockway

Post by ZachBrockway »

We've posted an updated installer, version 5.4.1, which updates the digital signatures in a way that should appease Internet Explorer.
Zach Brockway
Senior Software Engineer | NaturalPoint
der_richter

Post by der_richter »

So, the NVidia going into pstate1 downclock bug is fixed in this version, on my system.

Now it stays in P0 and memory clocks are at full, even with TrackIR software running.

However it did not fix my issues of stuttering when panning in many titles, like IL2, where framecap/VSync is used (like in Forgotten Battles where it is forced). Seems better uncapped in the titles where i tried, but still some random stutters.