TrackClip Pro foam deforming and losing grip

Sporg

TrackClip Pro foam deforming and losing grip

Post by Sporg »

Hi

I would like to ask if the issue about the foam in the TrackClip Pro deforming and losing grip has been solved?

It was brought up in this thread in May 2015, but I have never seen an update?
https://forums.naturalpoint.com/viewtop ... 49&t=13247

It has also been brought up in this thread from June 2013, so it is not exactly a new problem:
https://forums.naturalpoint.com/viewtop ... 49&t=11998

The problem is that the foam in the clip forms itself after the headset it is used on, and keeps that shape.
It looses its elasticity and even loses grip on the headset over time.
Of course this also makes it impossible to use the clip on a thinner headset in the future.

I attach a picture of the foam in my clip to show the problem:

To me it is dissatisfying that you sell such a product, and do not address such an obvious fault in manufacture.
MikeWitham

Re: TrackClip Pro foam deforming and losing grip

Post by MikeWitham »

Sporg,

The issue is under review. Though I don't have anything to announce right now I am aware of the two posts and have brought up the concerns to the people necessary.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Metabo

Post by Metabo »

Geez guys, go to the hardware store and buy a roll of foam tape. Cut it with scissors to the shape that will work and your good to go.....
Sporg

Post by Sporg »

MikeWitham wrote:Sporg,

The issue is under review. Though I don't have anything to announce right now I am aware of the two posts and have brought up the concerns to the people necessary.

Regards,
Thanks Mike.

I hope they will solve it.
Sporg

Post by Sporg »

Metabo wrote:Geez guys, go to the hardware store and buy a roll of foam tape. Cut it with scissors to the shape that will work and your good to go.....
Well, that's all very fine.
But when I buy a product from a company that should be above "China crap" quality, I expect it to function, without me having to invent new stuff to improve it.
And if it is that easy to fix, why didn't Natural Point do it in the first place?

This is about the simple principle, that if you want to be known as a company that delivers quality, then don't deliver products that lose their functionality as easy as this.
This should have been a small QC issue, and solved long time ago, IMO.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Sporg wrote: But when I buy a product from a company that should be above "China crap" quality, I expect it to function, without me having to invent new stuff to improve it.
And if it is that easy to fix, why didn't Natural Point do it in the first place?
Well, in all fairness there have been two complaints in seven years. The issue is not common or a major flaw in the design. I'd like to get this resolved none-the-less but it was not of high priority.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager