Deadzone

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
Loni2Shoes

Deadzone

Post by Loni2Shoes »

Prior to ordering a SmartNav, one of the tips I read to make it a viable mouse replacement was to modify the "deadzone." I now see that this feature is only included with the gaming-oriented TrackIR. Staying still long enough to click is *very* difficult for me, even after applying some of the suggestions I've seen here.

Given that the last time I saw Deadzone mentioned/requested on these forums was in 2009, I can only assume that the developers do not plan to add this feature. May I ask why not?
MikeWitham

Re: Deadzone

Post by MikeWitham »

Loni2Shoes,

I cannot speak for the people from 2009, but I have added it to a feature request list and will speak to my Dev team about it. With single dot tracking adjusting the speed, smoothness and increasing the movement threshold in the Dwell Clicking menu.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Loni2Shoes

Post by Loni2Shoes »

Thanks for the response. I am happy to hear that there is a possibility of this feature being added in the future. I was also wondering if the gravity feature might be modified to include specific input elements within a web browser, say buttons of type submit and anchor tags with an HREF attribute? This would certainly make browsing mouse free considerably easier.

Thanks again!
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Loni2Shoes,

Thank you again for the feedback.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager