Frame Rates Dropping in game

CPS_Tenato

Re: Frame Rates Dropping in game

Post by CPS_Tenato »

Hi,

I'm having the same problem stated by SpArX and exos with fps suddenly dropping with TrackIr enhanced mode. I have TrackIr3 with Vector Expansion drivers 3.10 and tried also latests with same results.

Thing goes like this: I start a game and my fps are ok, then they radually decay to an impossible stuttering of 10 fps or less...

if i go to mouse emulation problem disappear (but it's hard to check my 6 lol) and after around 10 minutes sometimes it gets fixed and sometimes not when going to enhanced again...

this happens with IL2 while online, and also while using DCG (Dynamic Campaign Generator) offline, while in the native QMB and FMB instead it runs flawless, smooth and inmersive.

SPECS:

Kocab18p Mobo
AMD 2400+
1.0GB RAM
Nvidia Ti 4800 128 MB
Nforce 2 chipset
maxtor 120GB HD
Windows XP (up to date)

Hope you can find a solution soon.

Best Regards.

CPS_Tenato.

[ August 15, 2005, 07:27 AM: Message edited by: CPS_Tenato ]
CPS_Tenato

Post by CPS_Tenato »

Just thinking loud, but could it be a server script interference since it mostly happens when online? I'm a Web Based Junior Java Programmer (servlets, jsp) and saw very weird results with mixed scripting (php/java, phyton/java, pearl/java, and such) due to garbage collection related issues. Maybe a new direction to watch the issue?

Regards.

CPS_Tenato
Charvel

Post by Charvel »

Well, I know that because of TIR I can no longer record any demos because of the huge amount of view related information versus using a hatswitch or whatever.

Since I don't have this issue I'm wondering if it might have something to do with an accumulated error issue or logging issue causing a waste of memory?
rodom

Post by rodom »

This is just to let you all know... Wayne is no longer with our company and I am trying to catch up to speed on this issue and see what I can do to help. In the next few days I'll pop on a few servers at home and duplicate the problem as well as I will try it here at work when I notice a map change soon.

Thanks all for your patience on this matter!

- Rick
dabelg

Post by dabelg »

Got same problem als merged FB+AEP+PF

the problem starts with explosions or gunshots in the water. FPS decreases to 10 fps from 60. after these explosions fps stays 10 if you kleep usinf trackir als closing mission takes 5minutes to unload from memory. if I don't use trackir and fly the mission frame rate is always 60. the mission where i first had it was the f4u missions on that island. got pf 401m and latest trackir software
AstroCat

Post by AstroCat »

I've just got Track IR with Vector and last software. Will I have this problem too? What is the best way to test this issue?

Thanks!
VFS-22_SPaRX

Post by VFS-22_SPaRX »

http://www.war-clouds.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=440

This post will explain what happens. Being that you are using vector, you are forced to use 4.xx version drivers. There is no way to switch between mouse emulatoin and enhanced modes. There fore, you will need to just disable your trackir with the assigned hotkey.

SPaRX
rodom

Post by rodom »

Does this only happen with the merged installs as I tested at home this weekend with the stand alone of PF and never saw this issue occur on my internal test server.
Syrius

Post by Syrius »

Hello,

I'm having the same problem as stated in preceding posts. Frame rates will drop by about 15-20 fps (from 40 to 20) after a while of playing online, and when pausing the TIR tracking or just covering the reflective dots, fps will immediately jump back up.

I'm using TIR 3 Pro with Vector Expansion, 4.1.026 drivers
Game is FB+AEP+PF 4.01m
System is P4 2.4GHz, 1Gb RAM, nVidia 6800 Ultra with 71.89 drivers, Win XP SP2.

Usually when a new mission is started (game engine seems to reload from scratch when loading a new online mission) the problem gets fixed for another 10 min, also if I disconnect from the game server and get back on it again, frame rates will be OK for a while, then they will drop again.

I haven't spotted any particular event in the game (explosions, shooting, etc) that will trigger the framerate drop. I only see it online, it happens the same when there are 30+ people flying or less than 10, hard action or no action, but it isn't a timed thing either, it seems to be something building up gradually.

Thinking about game events that could be linked to this, I feel that generally I notice it just after hitting 'Refly', that is, loading my plane again without loading a new mission. As I mentioned, when the server ends the mission and loads a new one, it seems to reset and start some kind of cycle again.

Thanks for looking at this,
S.

[ September 16, 2005, 05:05 PM: Message edited by: Syrius ]
Kosh

Post by Kosh »

I read all the posts and want to add one more complaint. My fps gradually drop from the original 85 to 25 fps. This happens over 2-3 hours. The FPS drop from 85 to 50 withing 0.5h.

To drop ALL the way down to 25fps from 85 is simply outrageous considering how much one has to spend to achieve 85 in the first place.

TrackIR 3 Pro with Vector #24710
Trackir software version 4.1.027

Windows XP Pro fully updated.

MB: A8N-SLI Deluxe (newest bios and drivers)
Video: EVGA 6800 GT PCI-ex (Dual)
Ram: 2GB PC-3200
CPU: AMD 64 3200+

I tried various priority settings, no effect.
Tried unplugging, no effect.

I press F9, FPS become perfect (85fps), resume tracking drop to 25 (worst case)

I have not tested whether the fps would drop any lower as the game became unplayable at 25fps.

I would really appreciate it if some serious priority would be directed towards diagnosing and solving this problem.

Thank you.

[ November 14, 2005, 03:01 AM: Message edited by: Kosh Naranek ]