total war warhammer

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
billwrs

total war warhammer

Post by billwrs »

i am having a problem with total war:warhammer. i also found the same case in a total war thread, he says "I'm a quadriplegic and use a hands free mouse software called SmartNav. I can't click on anything with the program but when my friends use the regular mouse everything functions as it should. Tried running warhammer in windowed mode, tried launching smartnav as admin, all my drivers and software are up to date. Not sure what else to try." is there a hardware cursor setting? That helped win warhammer 40,000 dawn of war.
MikeWitham

Re: total war warhammer

Post by MikeWitham »

billwrs,

I don't have a copy of this to test out. I'll see what I can do about getting my hands on a copy to figure that out for you. Did anything change over the weekend or is it the same?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
accessiblegamer

Post by accessiblegamer »

I've been having the exact same problem and I've been interacting with Sega support to work on this. If you like I can put the two of you in touch in order to come up with a solution because this problem extends to the entire Total War franchise, not just warhammer.

At any rate, the tech's name is Nadim, and is super helpful.
CA_Guy

Post by CA_Guy »

Hey Mike,

Could you please provide me with an email address where I can supply a code to the game for you?

Much appreciated,
Guy
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

accessiblegamer,

I'll test it out once I have a copy and see if I can figure out what is going on.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
accessiblegamer

I'd like to know if there has been any progress with this. My contact at Sega informed me that she sent you a code for the game. I'd like to know if it (and other total war titles) will ever be accessible, or if I should seek a refund.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

accessiblegamer,

I've had moderate success when testing it. Works better when not full screen, and works better with win98/2k clicking selected. I sent the issue to another person so I could have a different view on the trouble shooting. I'll talk with them and report back tomorrow.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
accessiblegamer

How do I set to Windows 98/2K clicking? Also please do keep me posted on a full-screen solution, as I would like to stream this game.

Please let me know what you find
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

accessiblegamer,

In the clicking option of the SmartNav control panel there is a checkbox to enable the Windows 98/2k. I'm back in the office after a week out, and I will be tackling this again tomorrow. Everything I find as a solution, it is hit or miss.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
accessiblegamer

MikeWitham wrote:accessiblegamer,

In the clicking option of the SmartNav control panel there is a checkbox to enable the Windows 98/2k. I'm back in the office after a week out, and I will be tackling this again tomorrow. Everything I find as a solution, it is hit or miss.

Regards,
My control panel does not have this option. Have you had any luck working on this issue in the last month?