p3d 3.3

Pop

p3d 3.3

Post by Pop »

here is what LM says :Postby Adam Breed » Fri, 16 Sep 2016, 13:52
Hi Pop,

We have various teams that use TrackIR and have not seen any reports of similar issues. Track IR uses SimConnect to integrate with Prepar3D, but we have no insight on if they have or plan to update to the newest version of SimConnect.

What version of Prepar3D are you running and did you see this issue in previous versions?

Did running Prepar3D and TrackIR as administrator fix the issue?

Have you installed the legacy SimConnect (Prepar3D\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi)?

We suggest working with the TrackIR team to continue debugging and let us know if we can help further.

Regards,
Adam
Can LM and NP "TALK" to each other? We have spent lots of $ on these systems for not receiving support!
MikeWitham

Re: p3d 3.3

Post by MikeWitham »

Pop,

Do you have contact information for Adam? I'd love to speak to them about this. The SimConnect is what was updated not our software and it is the SimConnect Microsoft chose to use over our API. Which is why there are issues with it. When they change or update SimConnect and don't take TrackIR into consideration it no longer functions. If I can find a way to make sure these issues no longer happen I will.

Having said that, you should be able to have it run with 3.3 without having too much trouble. If running it as admin doesn't solve the issue, have you tried re-installing the SimConnect files?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Pop

Post by Pop »

Mike still having the same probs in P3D3.3. last night in a MP session 4 clients + host 2 hrs flying lock up by all as many as 8 times!!!Here is their reply: any contact with them??
"Re: P3Dv3.x TIR lockups

Report this post

Postby Adam Breed » Tue, 20 Sep 2016, 12:05
Hi All,

As the TrackIR team stated, if running as an administrator fixes it, that is the recommended workaround until they are able to update. The Prepar3D team is unable to support or actively debug third party solutions directly. If you see the issue with core Prepar3D or with multiple add-ons, we can definitely investigate further. We do not integrate TrackIR - that is all done by the TrackIR team - we do not use any third party integration for their software.

We will keep working with the TrackIR team when asked and provide more information when possible.

Regards,
Adam
Prepar3D® Software Manager & Technical Lead"
Pop

Post by Pop »

Any progress with connecting with LM on the problem? :(
jabloomf1230

Post by jabloomf1230 »

@Pop,

It's jabloomf1230 from the VRS forum. I just wanted to add that since V 5.4.x of TIR, I am getting very strange behavior in P3d 3.4. As you may have noticed at least two other people on AVSim have also reported the same behavior with TIR and P3d 3.x. I'm pretty sure that it's a SimConnect issue of some sort, as in my case after a random amount of flying, the two green LEDs stay on but the head tracking in P3d stops. The head tracking in the TIR app keeps working, so what breaks is the link between the TIR app and P3d. That may not be the same problem that you are seeing, but I thought that I'd mention it to Natural Point.

Have you sent Mike W. here a SimConnect log? I plan on doing that now, as I have done a clean reinstall including scrubbing the TIR registry entries and the Natural Point appdata folder, reinstalling the legacy SimConnect dll and the TIR driver. The other thing that you can try is to do a test flight with the TacPack dll turned off and see if you still get the same issue. My system is only a month old, running Win 10, a GTX 1080 and a i7-6700k CPU. It has no other problems with SimConnect.

Jay
Pop

Post by Pop »

A :D :D :D :D bout 2 months ago we "unparked" our systems, and TIR lockup have gone away!!!! Luck or not it works! :)