Issue with Il2 - Battle of Stalingrad

Marcast

Issue with Il2 - Battle of Stalingrad

Post by Marcast »

I'm running TrackIR 5.4.1 on windows 7 64 bit, graphic card Nvidia Geforce GTX 970

In the Battle of Stalingrad game when I spawn in a plane having TrackIR activated, almost always the screen freezes, and I have to make several attempts closing the game with the system manager and restarting again before it works. Sometimes the screen doesn't freeze but TrackIR doesn't work (only one green light on). I have no problems if I start the game without TrackIR.
MikeWitham

Re: Issue with Il2 - Battle of Stalingrad

Post by MikeWitham »

Marcast,

What version of the Nvidia drivers are you using? The only time I've seen an issue similar to this personally was caused by bad drivers.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Marcast

Post by Marcast »

Actually yesterday evening I've dowloaded the last version of the drivers and after I've installed them the problem disappeared. Strange as what I had was still the last version when I got the video card not earlier than 2 months ago. Thanks so much for your help!
Marcast

Post by Marcast »

I spoke too early, it's happening again :( . TrackIR, Nvidia card and the game are updated to the latest release, and the problem is clearly between TrackIR and the game as it runs correctly if I start it with TrackIR disengaged.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Marcast,

I can't replicate this issue. I haven't had any issues with BOS on my machine. I'm installing it on a different PC to see if I can replicate it there.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Gravy12

Post by Gravy12 »

I have the same problem, game loads into mission I unpause trackir and the mission freezes immediately. It only happens when I unpause the trackir so I can use it to look around, but I can't look around of course because there appears to be some sort of conflict that I can only imagine (at this point) is to do with trackir.

I run a trackir 4 hardware on track ir 5 software. il2 is up to date so are graphics drivers - Nvidia GTX 1080 intel i7 7700k @ 4.20 Ghz 4 cores 16 gb of RAM.

I notice this thread was started in 2016, feel free to PM me if there is a known solution.

Cheers,

Gravy
Gravy12

Post by Gravy12 »

Just re-read the post above, it's not the same issue exact but it is to do with my track ir as the game only freezes when I unpause upon entering a mission, cheers.

Gravy