No devices detected - Track IR 4 Pro

Dave28

No devices detected - Track IR 4 Pro

Post by Dave28 »

I have recently got track IR 4 Pro and I ran it and it all worked the first time. I came back a week later to try play and it wan't detecting the device. I have put it in a USB 2.0 and 3.0 port, neither working. I've tried restarting PC several times but no luck. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software but still nothing. I have also tried down grading the software to an earlier version but still no luck. The blue LED still flashes every now and and again but software doesn't pick it up.

If anyone's got any suggestions on how to fix this, it would be much appreciated, thanks.
Claus

Re: No devices detected - Track IR 4 Pro

Post by Claus »

Hey there,
I now have the very same problem as Dave28 had.
Track IR was working properly for more than two years, but since a few days I am getting the message "No device detected" permanently.

I tried everything including removal of the entire software as advised and reloading it via the CD-Rom. No change.
Any suggestions?

Degards
Claus
SlopChute5

Post by SlopChute5 »

It is very strange. A few days ago I got my PC running, following a motherboard failure. I used the occasion to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Frankly, I haven't found ANYTHING about Win10 that I like. Not mail, not the Edge browser, not the UI.

A friend helped me get all my devices operational. Win10 had trouble recognizing the TrackIR 4 Pro, and we couldn't find TrackIR4 software on the web site but he downloaded TrackIR 5.4.2 and it worked.

For some reason today Win10 can't figure out what the device is. It recognizes every other device, but not the TrackIR 4. No camera LEDs are on. Does anyone at Naturalpoint have a fix?
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Hello,

There have been some updates to Windows 10 that have been problematic. Here are the basic steps I use to combat this issue. If they don't work, please create a ticket with me at help.naturalpoint.com.

1. Switch the TrackIR to a different USB port (sometimes this resolves the issue by itself)
2. Open Device Manager
3. Locate the unknown device
4. Right click and select "Update driver software"
5. Select "Browse my computer for driver software"
6. Locate the correct file. (Default install location is: C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\USB Drivers x64\npusbio_x64)
7. Click Next and follow instructions to finish the process.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Claus

Post by Claus »

Mike,

do you have a suggestion for me also? See my above post.

Regards
Claus
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Claus,

How thoroughly did you remove the drivers and software from your PC? In some stubborn cases I have had to remove both the software and drivers from the add or remove programs utility. Then follow that up with going through the registry, searching the terms "NaturalPoint" and "TrackIR", deleting them and finally rebooting, redownloading and reinstalling.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
pedro martins

Post by pedro martins »

Hello! sorry for my english (iam portuguese)
since 15 of september after a windows updade my trackir4 become dead. I have read the other posts about the blue light turning on and off When the TrackIR 5 software is not running, a small blue LED flashes on the lower part of TrackIR4 every 4 to 5 second. ...and the fixes the moderator said to do... 1. Switch the TrackIR to a different USB port (sometimes this resolves the issue by itself)
2. Open Device Manager
6. Locate the correct file. (Default install location is: C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\USB Drivers x64\npusbio_x64)

and

How thoroughly did you remove the drivers and software from your PC? In some stubborn cases I have had to remove both the software and drivers from the add or remove programs utility. Then follow that up with going through the registry, searching the terms "NaturalPoint" and "TrackIR", deleting them and finally rebooting, redownloading and reinstalling.

Still cant put track ir to work

Thanks (i have used cut and paste for other posts to explain the problem)
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

pedro martins,

Please create a ticket with me at help.naturalpoint.com. I'd like to look into your issue.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Dave28

Post by Dave28 »

MikeWitham wrote:Hello,

There have been some updates to Windows 10 that have been problematic. Here are the basic steps I use to combat this issue. If they don't work, please create a ticket with me at help.naturalpoint.com.

1. Switch the TrackIR to a different USB port (sometimes this resolves the issue by itself)
2. Open Device Manager

Regards,
Thank you for the response, however I don't see the unknown device that you speak of under devices manager https://gyazo.com/c7fe7c89ae8c7e2c5deec23a38dd1c32
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Dave28,

When you plug in the device does the PC make a noise signifying that it recognizes the input? Do you have a second PC to plug this in to and see if it shows up there? I'd like to make sure that the device itself isn't at fault.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager