Having trouble gaming

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
Reese16

Having trouble gaming

Post by Reese16 »

I am a c5 quad and I purchased the SmartNav EG because I saw guys with my injury playing COD and overwatch with little difficulty. Also the website said the SmartNav would work with any game that uses a mouse. Now seeing people with my injury level playing FPS games got me really excited because I loved playing these games before I got hurt. So I thought I had to get this product because not being able to play has been really tough on me.
Now after receiving my SmartNav, it works great as a computer mouse but as soon as I start playing FPS games it just stops working. It works really well in the menu but when I get in game it stops. I tried every setting and still the same result. The only thing that works a tiny bit is putting it on relative. This allows me to move the cross hair, but the movement of the cross hair is so choppy it is impossible to use. I thought maybe it was the speed, but after trying every possible settings combination it still ended with the same result.
Can anyone help me out? I looked all over the internet but I couldn't find an answer to my problem. If I can get this to work... oh man will it make my year.
MikeWitham

Re: Having trouble gaming

Post by MikeWitham »

Reese16,

What games are you having trouble using it in? Could you list your PC Specs for me as well?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Reese16

Post by Reese16 »

Overwatch, Counter Strike Global Offensive, Star Wars Battlefront, and Metal Gear Solid V. My comp is the ASUS ROG STRIX GL702VM-DB71 (i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 1TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 17.3" Full HD.
Reese16

Post by Reese16 »

Overwatch and CS are the ones I am the most upset about... Not only are they the ones that I want to play the most, they are the 2 games I've read people have played successfully with your product. I don't understand why it won't work for me...
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Reese,

I'm setting time aside tomorrow to do some testing with Smartnav in a multitude of games. Hopefully I will be able to recreate this issue and then find the best solution.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Reese16

Post by Reese16 »

Thank you very much for your help. So I tried a couple more things that could be of some help to you while you try to find an answer to the problem. I got it to work a bit better but not enough for it to be playable. What I did was in the windows mouse settings turn down the pointer speed settings to pretty much zero and turned off enhanced pointer precision. Next I turned down the speed settings in the smartnav to 1 and turned up the in-game mouse sensitivity to the max. This allowed me to move the crosshair without it glitching if I moved my head slow, but when I tried to move my head faster the problem occurred again. If I increased the pointer speed in windows or the speed in the smartnav control panel faster even just 1 notch the problem would occur again no matter how slow I moved my head. Hopefully this new info is of some help in your attempt to find an answer.
natekh2

Post by natekh2 »

hi im nate im a c4 quad. here's a few hints for smartnav gaming

1 set you're mouse override delay to 0. in your smartnav behavior options
2 make ur mouse smooth if you're movements allow it. if not then set it to desired smoothness
3. try games in borderless windowed , window and fullscreen.

hope that helps i will be monitoring this and see what's up
nate
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Reese,

I was not able to reproduce the issues you were having. Did Nate's suggestions help you at all?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Reese16

Post by Reese16 »

So the EG worked fine for you in the games I mentioned?
Reese16

Post by Reese16 »

Nate you are the man. I turned the override to 0 and it fixed it! Thanks for your help!