Stream from Arena to NatNet MatLab Wrapper on different PC

Arena, Expression, Tracking Tools, Rigid Body Toolkit, Point Cloud Toolkit, OptiTrack SDK
joarn

Stream from Arena to NatNet MatLab Wrapper on different PC

Post by joarn »

Hi,

I need to stream motion data from Arena to the NatNet MatLab Wrapper on another PC. I cannot get the stream to work, I think this might be because I am not supplying the right IP-addresses all the way through.

Under the Stream-pane in Arena it says "Enter an IP address of this PC if MotionBuilder or client app is being run on another PC.", in my case, which IP adress needs to be entered here? The one of the PC running Arena? Or the one of the PC running the MatLab Wrapper?

Also, in the MatLab Wrapper, I need to supply a "HostIP" and a "ClientIP". Should both of these be the IP address of the PC running Arena?

The error I get in MatLab is:
"
Undefined variable "System" or class "System.AppDomain.CurrentDomain".

Error in natnet/getAssemblies (line 573)
for i = 1 : obj.CReattempt

Error in natnet/connect (line 136)
obj.getAssemblies
"

And this error is generated when I supplied the IP-address of the PC running MatLab in the Stream pane in Arena, and the IP-adress of the PC running Arena as both HostIP and ClientIP in MatLab.

I am so thankful for any help I can get here!!
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Stream from Arena to NatNet MatLab Wrapper on different

Post by steven.andrews »

Hello joarn,

Thank you for reaching out to the community regarding your question.

The machine running ARENA should have two network cards, one for the camera system and one for your network. The IP address for the card that connects the machine to your network is what should be entered in the stream settings.

When running your client application, the ClientIP should be the address of the machine that is running the client. HostIP should be the IP address of the machine running ARENA. This should be the same IP that was entered in the stream settings.

Please note that ARENA is quite old and is no longer supported, so we may not be able to help you if you continue to encounter issues. In order to remain eligible for Support, we do require that users maintain an unexpired license and use the current software.

If you would like some assistance looking up the status of your license and the cost for upgrades, please feel free to reach out to us at help.naturalpoint.com

Best regards,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer