Pacific Fighters VE support

WhiskeyBravo

Re: Pacific Fighters VE support

Post by WhiskeyBravo »

This is an excellent series of posts, thanks to all concerned. I have a slight problem with my setup though: it only works properly when I pause IL2FB - if the game is running I get one level of zoom when I move my head and then nothing. If I pause the game it all works as I expect.

Anyone got any ideas on this?

Thanks in advance,

WB.
Charvel

Post by Charvel »

quote:Originally posted by 3ra_Luke:
(BTW, can you explain that about deactivate "mirror"? I�ve been using a very flat curve for Z axis, to avoid oversensitive zoom with this script. How have you modified your curve?

Tnx)Well, in your Edit axis for "Z" for example you uncheck the "mirror" checkbox first of all. For movement towards your monitor (in) the sensitivity points are to the left of center and away (out) is to the right of center.

I have the first two dots on either side of center at zero for a decent sized deadzone so I don't have to sit completely still without zooming around.

After that I have a higher graduated sensitivity to the right than the left for the reasons explained in my last post.

I also do something similar for "pitch" as I want a bit less sensitivity when looking down at the gauges then when looking up to track a bogey in a turn fight.

If you take the time to analyze the way you move in the game and what your comfort zones are you can really fine tune TIR to the point you forget you're using it.
3ra_Luke

Post by 3ra_Luke »

Understood. Tnx Charvel.

Besides, I want to point something important that maybe some people that says that do not work properly is forgetting:

TrackIR software loads tir2joy profile when you enable it, so, remember to modify the asociated movement profile that loads with tir2joy. Usually is "Combat Sim" (I think), so modify that Z axis profile.
I bet 100$ that some people was modifying his custom IL2 Forgotten Battels profile while its tir2joy profile was using "Combat Sim" or "General" profile.

BTW, I would like to ask to Naturalpoint sirs if they have forgot Pacific Fighters yet, and if they are trying to develop some kind of "copy" of this method based on 3 programs. Why dont you create a autoinstall tool that combines tir2joy, some kind of autoloading tool, using the same tir2joy detector that tir software uses and the virtual joystick?
Your VE sales will increase at least 50% announcing VE compatibility with PF....

You�ve created the best piece of software+hardware in years. Creating that workaround for PF compatibility cant be so hard!
3ra_Luke

Post by 3ra_Luke »

And more bonus:
If you add this line to the script:
code:
menu, tray, icon, C:\PF.ico, 1[/code]where PF.ico is an icon file of your choice on the root folder or wherever you want to put it , the ugly green H (if you dont see the H, remove this line from the end of the script I posted earlier: #NoTrayIcon) is changed for that icon.
In my case, I have a A6M Zero flying on sunset.
WhiskeyBravo

Post by WhiskeyBravo »

Further to my last post, all is now well. I believe it was something to do with the edit points not being set properly within the Z axis of the TrackIR setup.

Top marks to the people involved in getting this working. Now if only we could get Naturalpoint to develop their own version of this.

Thanks again to all concerned.

WB.
WhiskeyBravo

Post by WhiskeyBravo »

quote:Originally posted by 3ra_Luke:
Understood. Tnx Charvel.

Besides, I want to point something important that maybe some people that says that do not work properly is forgetting:

TrackIR software loads tir2joy profile when you enable it, so, remember to modify the asociated movement profile that loads with tir2joy. Usually is "Combat Sim" (I think), so modify that Z axis profile.
I bet 100$ that some people was modifying his custom IL2 Forgotten Battels profile while its tir2joy profile was using "Combat Sim" or "General" profile.

BTW, I would like to ask to Naturalpoint sirs if they have forgot Pacific Fighters yet, and if they are trying to develop some kind of "copy" of this method based on 3 programs. Why dont you create a autoinstall tool that combines tir2joy, some kind of autoloading tool, using the same tir2joy detector that tir software uses and the virtual joystick?
Your VE sales will increase at least 50% announcing VE compatibility with PF....

You�ve created the best piece of software+hardware in years. Creating that workaround for PF compatibility cant be so hard! Thanks for the info Luke but I've found it slightly different to you. For sure the custom profile gets loaded when you start TIR2Joy (and the blue light comes on) but if you then quit FB after a flight the blue light turns off. I thought this would mean that I had to re-start TIR2Joy everytime I wanted to start FB. This was not the case though.

I enabled the Z axis in my FB TrackIR profile and now when I restart FB everything kicks in as expected. To confirm this I disabled the Z axis in my custom profile but everything still worked as expected within FB.

Sorry if I've misunderstood you but I just thought I'd point out the way it works for me.

Cheers,

WB.
3ra_Luke

Post by 3ra_Luke »

Well, in fact we speak about different things,
but you�ve explained a little problem I�ve forgotten: After existing from FB, is needed to reload tir2joy (I think. Maybe that can be solved).
Thats why I created that lines on the script for load and unload the script and tir2joy very fast and easily.

What I was trying to explain on my other post was:
I have a custom profile named "IL-2". When I load the game, the TIR soft loads my "IL-2" profile. Besides, I�ve assigned that same profile to load with "tir2joy".
As FB do not use the Z axes, but tir2joy does, I can tweak the Z curve without worrying about how this will affect to the normal movement of the TIR on FB.

Some people, maybe did not realice about the autoload of the tir2joy profile, and was trying to tweak only their "Combat Sim" profile.

That what I was trying to explain.
Slapp

Post by Slapp »

Hi, I am after a way to enable me to use my TrackIR VE to take over my keypad +/- commands which would allow me to zoom in and out using TrackiR instead of my stick

I currently have my zoom in and out view function assigned to one of my stick hats and would love a solution that would enable me to have this function allocated to my TrackIR VE... From the very little I understand in this thread , a solution seems to be to download three bits of software and ad in some sripts here and there to get the zooming function to work(?)

Is there an idiots guide for people like me to get this working or perhaps a simpler solution?

All I require is the zoom in and out function.

Many thanks
Slapp

Post by Slapp »

*nudge*
morgath

Post by morgath »

hello slapp, there is not other more simply solution, but the system of this thread works fine, the only one guide i know for this is writted in spanish for me, but i,d not traduce it to english because my english is not so good for a guide, i can look for help and make a traduction of the guide if you remain interested on this, but it will take me some time. maybe a pair of weeks or more, i have too much work this days
i suggest you to read this thread complete, download the necessary software, and using the thread and the links here for make it works, it�s not so difficult like it seems, and i will help you to make it works, answering your questions here.

here is a link for my guide (maybe it can be useful if you or some friend can read spanish)

spanish instructions zoom pf