Windows 10 Creators Update Build 15063 Sticking Cursor

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
jedicharles

Windows 10 Creators Update Build 15063 Sticking Cursor

Post by jedicharles »

I updated my Windows 10 installation to the latest version (Creators Update Build 15063) two days ago and I have discovered a significant issue with the SmartNav. When I use any Microsoft Office program (I have the newest versions) or Microsoft Edge, the mouse cursor will erratically freeze on the screen at approximately 1 second intervals across the screen. A regular mouse works as expected so I know it has something to do with the SmartNav. Is there anything I should try or if anyone able to reproduce the issue?
thamole

Re: Windows 10 Creators Update Build 15063 Sticking Cursor

Post by thamole »

Had the same issue and re-install the software didn't fix the issue for me, I had to roll back Windows to the previous state. I too noticed regular mouse worked fine, but noticed the freezing got worse once i loaded my on screen keyboard. the cursor wouldn't move, then it would shoot across the screen.
jedicharles

Post by jedicharles »

Well, that's no good. I genuinely hope this gets fixed soon. I don't know what Microsoft did to cause this but it is likely on Natural Point to fix it.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Hello,

This is also happening on another one of our product lines and I'm trying to find the best solution. So far the solution has been to update your video drivers and reboot the system. Could you please try that and let me know the results?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
jedicharles

Post by jedicharles »

MikeWitham wrote:Hello,

This is also happening on another one of our product lines and I'm trying to find the best solution. So far the solution has been to update your video drivers and reboot the system. Could you please try that and let me know the results?

Regards,
The best I could do was to remove my video driver completely and then reinstall it because it is the final driver that AMD made for my now obsolete Radeon HD 5800 Series video card. I tried that but the problem persists. I also tried disabling hardware acceleration in Microsoft Office but that doesn't help.
Should I try an older driver?
jedicharles

Post by jedicharles »

I should add that the cursor problem only occurs when one of these apps are in focus. If you click on the desktop top, the cursor behaves normal until I click on the app to bring it into focus. The problem mostly goes away when the video driver is removed but then I can't use 3D apps and unable to use my monitors native resolution.
EDIT:
The problem seems to go away once the video driver is removed but once I restart the computer and the Microsoft Basic Video Driver loads in place of the driver from AMD, the problem persists.
Last edited by jedicharles on Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikeg68

Post by mikeg68 »

Hello

Is there any updates or solution on this issue? I tried different drivers and nothing has solved it for me.
jedicharles

Post by jedicharles »

I found a workaround on my own!
1. Open SmartNav Settings
2. Click on the Behavior tab
3. Adjust the Mouse Override Delay to 0.0 seconds... and the behavior goes away.
I only use the SmartNav for a mouse so I don't know how this effects people who also use a regular mouse but I am so glad I found a fix.This should provide a clue to what is going on for you guys at NaturalPoint.
mikeg68

Post by mikeg68 »

@jedicharles, that worked for me too. Thanks a bunch. :-)
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

jedicharles,

Tested this with a few users and it seems to resolve the issue. Thank you for posting this.
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager