Custom Pawn in Unreal Engine

Dead_Evil

Custom Pawn in Unreal Engine

Post by Dead_Evil »

Hi,
I have a question about creating a custom pawn with rigid body tracking. I've created a pawn blueprint under OptiTrackHMDPawn option and I see there are two components automatically added in the class which are RootComponent and RigidBodyTrackingComponent. I'm just wondering how can these two component work. How can I get transform from Motive to engine and pass it to the HMD. Thanks.
Shagan.Overman

Re: Custom Pawn in Unreal Engine

Post by Shagan.Overman »

Hi,

The Pawn for the most part is very simplistic. It uses a rigid body component and sets the hmd eye offset from the ground to be zero. It uses the same rigid body ID from origin. The hmd rigid body ID still needs to be set properly in the optitrack origin actor.

Please let me know if you need any additional clarification.
-------
James Shagan Overman
Customer Experience Manager
shagan.overman@optitrack.com
Dead_Evil

Re: Custom Pawn in Unreal Engine

Post by Dead_Evil »

Hi Shagan,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm still confused a little bit. As shown in the screenshot below, I add an camera in to represent hmd. I set Tracking id to 1 in the RigidBodyTrackingComponent. Do I need to set Tracking Origin section (I add an OptiTrackClinetOrigin Actor in the level and I can see it under Tacking Origin drop down box, but I cannot select it)? Is this the only part I need to set up? If so and I set correctly, does that mean hmd can fetch data from Motive correctly?
screenshoot2.jpg
screenshoot2.jpg (151.47 KiB) Viewed 4076 times
Thanks.
Tommy