TrackIR 4-Blue Light no longer on

ejwells409

TrackIR 4-Blue Light no longer on

Post by ejwells409 »

I have had this setup (TrackIR4 with Pro Clip) for a long time now so it's possible I guess that it has finally decided to give up the ghost. I am running Win7 (SP1) 64bit and my sole use of the TrackIR system is for Flight Simulation. Up until a few days ago the camera (SN 86585) has worked flawlessly, but now the blue tracking light is out and no software variations have been able to get it functioning again.

Thus far I have tried Vers 5.4.2.2_5.4.2_5.4.1 and 5.3.0 with no difference. I think I missed one but I decided after all these failed that there was little hope any other would miraculously decide to work.

Is there anything else that I can do aside from software related checks to revive the camera or is it your opinion that it is no longer functional?
ejwells409

Re: TrackIR 4-Blue Light no longer on

Post by ejwells409 »

One thing I just noticed, and maybe it's a good sign. . .the blue light blinks every 5 seconds if TrackIR is not loaded/active. If I load TrackIR the blue light goes off and remains off til I close the program.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

ejwells409,

Sadly what you are seeing are the signs of a failing/failed device. There really isn't any testing that can be done hardware wise and you've tried all the software tests I could think of. I'm sorry to say that it is likely time to replace the device.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
ejwells409

Post by ejwells409 »

Bummer, Thanks Mike.