Mouse buttons not working for TrackIR commands

molleh

Mouse buttons not working for TrackIR commands

Post by molleh »

For *years* I've been using my extra mouse buttons (the side buttons on my MS Intellimouse Optical) for the Pause and Center functions on my TrackIR 5. However, at some point fairly recently (maybe with a Windows 10 update?) I can't use these mouse buttons in TrackIR. The buttons themselves work fine in Windows.

The very first time I launch the profiler and assign these two buttons, it works fine, but at some point I can't use them anymore, and if I go into the profiler and try to re-assign them, I just get a "ding!" like it's not allowed.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
MikeWitham

Re: Mouse buttons not working for TrackIR commands

Post by MikeWitham »

molleh,

Hello, I just tested the functionality on my mouse. I run a Logitech MX Master, but was able to bind it to each of the buttons, on multiple profiles. Is it possible that it is trapped or locked to something outside of the TrackIR program?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
molleh

Post by molleh »

Hi Mike,

That's what I was thinking, but I have absolutely nothing running process-wise outside of the sim and the TrackIR app (and of course the usual background Windows 10 processes.)
didouairline

Post by didouairline »

Dear Molleh and mike
I experience exactly the same problem.
I had affected button 1 (center wheel) for pause and 5 for center, and it was working fine.
Since the last automatic upgrade of Windows 10, by the end of july, only button 1, right and left clic are regognized, all the other buttons are ignored.
I use a mouse Logitech G502.
Do you have any idea of where to look for, to solve this ?
thanks' in advance
Didier
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

didouairline,

I'll have my developer take a look at this issue to see if something can be done.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager