Precision mode jumps cursor

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
Grimwolf

Precision mode jumps cursor

Post by Grimwolf »

I'm having an extremely annoying problem; randomly when pressing the key to activate precision mode, maybe one out of four times, the cursor immediately jumps to a completely random location.
This is making it extremely difficult to use, because I need to use precision mode in order to actually click on anything accurately.
Does anyone know what could cause this, and how to fix it?
Grimwolf

Re: Precision mode jumps cursor

Post by Grimwolf »

Zero support. That was $400 well spent :roll:
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Grimwolf,

My apologies, I'm not sure how this slipped through the cracks. Sadly, even though I am answering this late, the answer is I've never seen that happen before.

I'll be testing out a few theories I have on the issue, once I can replicate it, I can start figuring out how to fix it.

Could you please shoot me a list of your PC specs and what version of our software you are using? Since this might take a bit of troubleshooting, it may be easiest for our back and forth to be through our helpdesk. If you wouldn't mind, please create a ticket with me at help.naturalpoint.com.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Grimwolf

Post by Grimwolf »

I don't know how I would send the ticket to you specifically.
Anyway, for the PC specs I'm using Windows 10, I have an i7-6700k processor, GTX 1080 GPU, and 32gb RAM.
The SmartNAV software is version 3.3, Build 39. The hardware is a Smartnav 4.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Grimwolf,

Submit the ticket to help.naturalpoint.com and I'll get it. I'm not sure what would cause this still, I've been looking into it a bit and still haven't gotten the problem to repeat itself here.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Grimwolf

Post by Grimwolf »

I've submitted the ticket.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Grimwolf,

Got it! I'll be responding to you shortly with basic troubleshooting steps to get them out of the way and we'll dig into this issue.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager