TrackIR 5 device not detected

Chalkster

TrackIR 5 device not detected

Post by Chalkster »

Sorry to repost something already covered but im quite annoyed to be honest. I just recieved my trackir 5 pro set today and its refusing to install the drivers, coming up as unknown device . I have tried everything i have seen on the forums and yet it still does not work. I spent 175 GBP on this thing and i feel a bit cheated, can you help me please.
MikeWitham

Re: TrackIR 5 device not detected

Post by MikeWitham »

Chalkster,

Hello, I'm very interested to get to the bottom of this issue. It is not consistent and can't be reproduced in house. Which is causing me a ton of grief because I am not able to find the solution to a problem I can't repeat. If possible I'd like to set up a remote session with you so we can get this resolved. It would be greatly helpful for me to see the issue happening in the field as well. Please let me know if you would like to set that up and I'd be more than happy to find a time that works for both of us.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
ScottCD

Post by ScottCD »

Hello,

I ran into this trouble today. My TrackIR5 got unplugged at some point, didn't realize it today until I tried to run it. So I plugged the USB back in and Windows 10 returned with 'unknown device'. I didn't have the latest version, so I downloaded it. Uninstalled the old version, installed 5.4.2, but still the system didn't recognize it.

The fix!

I had to tell it to install driver from a file and I had to direct it to the Natural point folder and the subfolder USB Drivers x64. Then Windows 10 recognized it and it's working now.
ctguy1955

Post by ctguy1955 »

With all of the people who have this same issue, why does NaturalPoint
not just put JUST the Driver for TIR 4 or 5 on a separate download
area where people like me who have just gone days and days
being told NP help has been too busy to do a one on one
session online. I have tried all 4 downloads and there is no
Driver attached at all and that is why the device in not seen.

Mike sent me the driver and now everything is working great !
I bet this is what most people need and should be posted
as a download on the TrackIR page

Thanks Mike
Last edited by ctguy1955 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ctguy1955

Post by ctguy1955 »

Device USB\VID_131D&PID_0158\9&2daebfa7&0&1 was configured.

Driver Name: null
Class Guid: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
Driver Date:
Driver Version:
Driver Provider:
Driver Section:
Driver Rank: 0x0
Matching Device Id:
Outranked Drivers:
Device Updated: false
Parent Device: USB\VID_1A40&PID_0101\8&1b00a4a5&0&3

No driver attached with any TIR5 software download versions
Owen

Post by Owen »

ScottCD wrote:Hello,

I ran into this trouble today. My TrackIR5 got unplugged at some point, didn't realize it today until I tried to run it. So I plugged the USB back in and Windows 10 returned with 'unknown device'. I didn't have the latest version, so I downloaded it. Uninstalled the old version, installed 5.4.2, but still the system didn't recognize it.

The fix!

I had to tell it to install driver from a file and I had to direct it to the Natural point folder and the subfolder USB Drivers x64. Then Windows 10 recognized it and it's working now.
I did not understand how you solved your problem. I too find myself with the unknown periphery.
Would you be so kind to step by step?
Thank you