Optitrack Plugin to stream data to a UWP device

Mallow

Optitrack Plugin to stream data to a UWP device

Post by Mallow »

Hi everybody! Thanks for last time and all the advice given here, it has been really helpful.

I haven't been able to find a solution to the problem I have encountered recently though. In my project, I am using a UWP device as a client. It is supposed to receive packets from my computer running Motive, i.e. the server. The packets are received in a Unity app based on the Optitrack Plugin for Unity where I have an empty GameObject holding the script OptitrackStreamingClient. Everything is built and deployed smoothly. I can run the application as well and I am able to see the content of my scene. However, my UWP app cannot connect to the server and thus cannot receive anything whereas it is able to do so while in Unity...

I thought the problem was caused by my scripts or my network. I tested them both in a PC-to-PC setup, using Wi-Fi, but it worked well. I also changed ports, unicast-multicast, the interface,etc., but in vain. I then thought that the NatNet DLL used in a UWP environment might be the source of the problem. However, the C# scripts acting as wrappers, there shouldn't be any issues on that side, right ? The other thing that makes me think that way is that, since my client is unable to establish a connection, an exception is thrown and the call of that exception is actually made from the DLL. As far as Unity capabilities are concerned, I have enabled InternetClient, InternetClientServer,PrivateNetworkClientServer as well as everything else that is required for my UWP device.

Would someone have any idea or suggestion on what is happening here ? I can provide further information if needed.
Thanks a lot !
Abby

Re: Optitrack Plugin to stream data to a UWP device

Post by Abby »

Hi,

We're having the same problem. We couldn't stream to UWP based app (Hololens) because of the same thing that you have described above. Were you be able to resolve the issue?

Or, any one can tell of UWP supported networking solution?

Thanks
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Optitrack Plugin to stream data to a UWP device

Post by steven.andrews »

Hello Abby,

Unfortunately, the NatNet SDK does not currently support UWP applications. It may be possible to develop an application utilizing direct depacketization, but the NatNet DLLs will not work in this situation.

Best regards,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer
help.naturalpoint.com
support@optitrack.com