Tracker Glitching When Looking Down

Sketch5051

Tracker Glitching When Looking Down

Post by Sketch5051 »

I have the IRTracker 5, and the ProClip. I don't wear glasses, and I don't have anything behind me except a wall. My tracker and proclip have been working fine for the last year or so. I play flight sims nearly everyday, and two days ago, my tracker started acting up. For whatever reason, I can't look down now. When I do, the tracker starts to glitch out. I've reinstalled the tracker software, made sure I have the latest updates, and readjusted the leds and position of my tracker and leds. Nothing seems to solve the "I can't look down" issue. Here is a video of the issue:

https://youtu.be/UrbcpV2Sivc
MikeWitham

Re: Tracker Glitching When Looking Down

Post by MikeWitham »

Sketch5051,

From what I can see the problem is likely when the top dot and center dot switch places. Since the tracking is based on the placement of the markers, when the "top" becomes the "center" the software moves to where it thinks it should be based off of the last time you centered it and the new position of the markers.

Try adjusting the angle that the camera sees the TrackClip PRO. Let me know if the adjustments help out.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Awwsky

Post by Awwsky »

I have the same problem and adjusting the way you suggest does not fix the issue. Any other ideas?
joe.lee

Post by joe.lee »

If you right click on the viewport and select Camera View, you should be able to monitor the reflections that the camera sees. Green dots indicate reflections that are contributing to the tracking, and the red dots are the reflections that are not contributing to tracking.

As you move your head up and down, reflections from the IR LEDs may merge in the camera's view. If this is conflicting with the tracking, I would suggest tilting the clip a little bit sideways so that three LEDs are not in a vertical line. If you orient the clip like that, it will be less likely be merged in the view as you look down and up.

I have attached a screenshot of the camera view.

I hope this helps!
Attachments
2017-11-29 16_15_29-TrackIR 5.4.png
2017-11-29 16_15_29-TrackIR 5.4.png (69.69 KiB) Viewed 4924 times
NaturalPoint | Customer Support