TrackIR and Prepar3D not recognizing [RESOLVED]

javih6947

TrackIR and Prepar3D not recognizing [RESOLVED]

Post by javih6947 »

Hello

I purchased a brand new pc (parts to build it really) to specifications of Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D simulation software (professional License if that matters). I built my pc, got my updates installed, and then went to download the final peice which was P3D.

Then after installing, updating and actually running Track IR it seemed to have registered without ANY issue. It tracks perfectly, looks great, no problem....until i launch P3D... then I just CANNOT get P3D to recognize the software.

I've tried installing Simmconnect file to P3D main folder. uninstalled it, repaired it. I launch Track IR in the background when P3D is running (as i was informed to do) and still nothing.

Not sure if there's some sort of key binding i'm just missing entirely inside P3D, or if maybe missing a file altogether.....

Eithehr way, any help with this would be AMAZING!

Thank you,
Desperate Simviator
Chris.Johnson

Re: TrackIR and Prepar3D not recognizing [RESOLVED]

Post by Chris.Johnson »

Hello javih6947,

Is the tracking working properly in the TrackIR software? TrackIR should be working properly there in order for it to connect to Prepare3D.

If TrackIR is working fine on the TrackIR software and it only fails to connect to P3D, you can try resetting the SimConnect library which is used to communicate with TrackIR server.

Could you check if the files are included in the following installation directory? They are located in these folders:

\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\redist\Interface\FSX-SP1\retail\lib
\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib

If they already exist, try running the included MSI files to reset them. Once you have done that, reboot the computer, and then run TrackIR as administrator, and then run the game with administrator privileges as well.

I hope this helps, please let me know if anything is unclear
All the Best,
Chris Johnson
Customer Support Engineer
NaturalPoint
pete1959

Post by pete1959 »

You need to go into the redist/interface directory. On the SP1 and SP2 files you need to actually click on each of them the first time and you will get a dialog box asking you to "accept the terms" to use the software. After that it works properly.
Stratt01

Post by Stratt01 »

Both myself and a colleague have tried this fix and we still can't get TRI to connect to P3Dv5
Chris.Johnson

Post by Chris.Johnson »

Hello Stratt01,

Thank you for using Track IR and contacting us. Please uninstall items 2-4 below, and follow the rest of the steps. Sometimes the Microsoft Visual C ++ 2013 Redist (x86)m needs to be reset, following the steps below will ensure everything is reset.

1. Unplug the TackIR from your computer.
2. Remove TrackIR from add/remove programs.
3. Remove NaturalPoint Drivers from add/remove programs.
4. Remove Microsoft Visual C ++ 2013 Redist (x86)
5. Delete installer executable from where you saved it.
6. Delete NaturalPoint folder from Program Files x86.
7. Delete NaturalPoint folder from %APPDATA% location. (APPData is a hidden folder)
-C:\Users\[Your.User.Name]\AppData\Roaming\NaturalPoint.
8. Download the latest installer from our website.
-The latest download will also have our latest USB Drivers.
9. Right-click and install as an administrator.
10. Locate the Track IR 5 Icon on your desktop, Right-click and 'Run as Administrator'. (This only needs to be done the first time.)
All the Best,
Chris Johnson
Customer Support Engineer
NaturalPoint
Stratt01

Post by Stratt01 »

If I go through the reset procedure you recommend, TrackIR connects once. It will not connect again until I go through the reset procedure again... any more suggestions please?
Calum WE

Post by Calum WE »

Hi,

Is it possible to get an answer to the issue of getting Tracker IR to work with P3D v5 please.

My Tracker IR works fine in FSX and FS2020, but not in P3D V5.

I carried out the steps advised above, and as the poster# directly above me said, I was then able to have Track IR working once in P3D v5, but when I closed the program and reopened it, it no longer worked.

Worse than that though, my FSX installation has been corrupted by carrying out the above fix suggested by Chris Johnon, and FSX will no longer run.

I am now going to have to do a complete uninstall and reinstall, including a lot of add on scenery and add on aircraft etc, so I dont really want that to happen again.

Could someone at Natural Point please respond to this issue as to how we get our Track IRs to work with P3D please.

Thanks
j0nx

Post by j0nx »

Trackir worked fine for me until I installed FS2020. This is the first time I've launched P3D since I installed FS2020 a few months ago. I'm guessing that it broke support for P3D5 and NP is crickets now for helping.
cirurgiao

Post by cirurgiao »

Hi. Had TrackIR 5 running smoothly with FSX. Changed to P3Dv4.5 and tried to run it but no connection between both programs (lower right side shows green and yellow).
Any clues?
Tks
Eduardo Passos