Drivers are unavailable SmartNav 4

This is the place for comments, criticisms and even the occasional compliment related to the SmartNav drivers and profiler. Also the place to discuss and review support issues.
nzalex

Drivers are unavailable SmartNav 4

Post by nzalex »

Hi. I have used these SmartNav for 8yrs. Brought a new 4 in 2015
I have installed SmartNav onto a new computer successfully. When I open the software it says that it could not find a SmartNav camera. When I go to 'device manager' it says that the driver is unavailable.

I believe I have tried everything, twice and don't know what the next step is. Do you have any suggestions ? Have you seen this problem before ? Anything would be helpful, thanks
Windows 10, 64 bit
SmartNav 4
Chris.Johnson

Re: Drivers are unavailable SmartNav 4

Post by Chris.Johnson »

Hello nzalex,

Have you tried to download the latest release of the SmartNAV software? If you are using an older download, it may not have the correct drivers included.

https://www.naturalpoint.com/smartnav/s ... loads.html

Please let me know if this helps.
All the Best,
Chris Johnson
Customer Support Engineer
NaturalPoint
nzalex

Re: Drivers are unavailable SmartNav 4

Post by nzalex »

Yes I tried that but didn't work. However I fixed the problem by reinstalling windows and starting again after a few other things didn't work .

I think I caused the problem because I plugged in the headmouse before installation of the software, and I think it automatically tried to install as a camera but it was the wrong drivers and I couldn't figure out how to go backwards . Thanks for your help