Inverted roll after 90°

TacticalMan

Inverted roll after 90°

Post by TacticalMan »

Camera rolls perfectly when facing forward however when looking to the sides the roll starts to invert itself, this started all of a sudden anybody else got this problem? or know a fix?
omenaukko

Re: Inverted roll after 90°

Post by omenaukko »

I have same problem since the latest windows 8.1 update. :mrgreen:
Shooternc

Post by Shooternc »

Same problem here. It was working fine last night and I get back on today and it doesn’t work anymore. Completely out of the blue.
Remontti

Post by Remontti »

Same here. I'm using Trackir5 and TrackclipPro. Same results with Trueview on and off.
TacticalMan

Post by TacticalMan »

Do he people with the problem also have the developer mode on windows?
joe.lee

Post by joe.lee »

Hello everyone,

Did this start happening more after the windows update? The problem discussed in this thread sounds like a gimbal lock problem that happens when the head orientation reaches ~90 degrees. At this orientation, one of the rotation axes may get lost due to gimbal lock and the head roll may start contributing to pitch instead. However, this behavior existed before so I am not sure what could have changed it. If this is causing a problem, I would suggest dampening down the roll tracking under the advance tracking settings.

Regards
NaturalPoint | Customer Support
pth1701

Post by pth1701 »

Getting the exact, same thing.

After I turn my head past the 90 degree mark, the roll axis inverts.

This is a brand new issue, only noticed it today. It's worked perfectly for 2 years.

No matter what settings I change, nothing restores how it used to function only days ago!
joe.lee

Post by joe.lee »

We are still not sure what could have changed it, we are having no luck with reproducing the issue, or the change in behavior, reported in this thread. Could someone revert back to an older version of windows update and confirm that this changed? I would suggest disabling or dampening down the roll rotation in the tracking. It should improve the gimbal lock issue.
NaturalPoint | Customer Support
Remontti

Post by Remontti »

I tried the older versions available in the download section - no help.

I get this issue in IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad and in TrackIR software. The issue was discussed at IL-2 forum and it was said that it was not an issue in other simulators (DCS, Rise of Flight etc.). Most likely the problem is linked to the recent patch of IL-2. They also said that in TrackIR software (the 3d head) has always behaved like this although it worked correct in simulators.

For now I just disabled the roll axis.