Drift towards center (Track IR 5)

PsychOut83

Drift towards center (Track IR 5)

Post by PsychOut83 »

I'm noticing that that the view will often drift slowly back toward the center when I turn my head in any direction. It doesn't drift all way back, just a few degrees, but it's enough that it can be annoying to keep switches in view when I'm trying to click them. I've tried turning off the light behind me and blocking the sunlight into the room, but the problem even happens at night in a pitch black room. In the track IR program, the little camera window in the upper right hand corner shows that when I turn my head and then keep it perfectly still, as in the green lights are NOT moving (even using my hands to steady my head), the drift persists. This problem persists with both the pro clip and the hat clip. I have tried holding both of these devices in my hand to rule out head drift, but the problem persists. I have tried default profile and my own profiles- so I've messed with turning precision mode on and off, lowering smoothness, turning off X and Y axes, but drift persists. I have rebooted my computer, drift persists. Drift is always toward the center.

Suggestions?
Chris.Johnson

Re: Drift towards center (Track IR 5)

Post by Chris.Johnson »

Hello PsychOut83,

Have you tried disabling True view, while leaving tracking mode in Precision? I have it set like this on my desk, and it's looking pretty rock solid. I had to lower my IR LED a bit to 11 as I had some extra reflections bouncing off of a File Cabinet. If this doesn't help, please contact us directly at by opening a Track IR ticket following this link: http://help.naturalpoint.com/new-ticket
All the Best,
Chris Johnson
Customer Support Engineer
NaturalPoint