Help!!

bong69

Help!!

Post by bong69 »

Hi there! first post newbie here...firstly, love the product, wow! sercondly erm..how do I enable it in fs2002? I have checked the fs2002 option during setup and the option is available from the naturalpoint software but I cant pan within the sim. (i can control the mouse cursor tho)..thanks for any help guys.
Hotdognz

Re: Help!!

Post by Hotdognz »

When you installed the Natural Point softwear it would have poped up a msg asking you if you want to install the TrackIR.dll file to your FS2002 Moduels dir,if you clicked no then the file wont be there ???

Ok first off check in your FS2002 dir and look in the \FS2002\MODULES dir (your install path will be diffrent) once in there look for a file named TrackIR.dll is it there ??. If it is then you have told the install to install it, next fire up the Track Ir softwear and make sure that under the MODE part FS2002 radio button is grey, now press the key under Hotkeys assigned to the Mode button (default is F8) and make sure the FS2002 letters turn red.

Ok once you have done that make sure Track IR is not paused (F9 key switches the pause on/off and the little icon turnd Green for on Red for off) fire up Fs2002 load up you fav plane with a good VC and jump on the runway and get in the VC in FS2002, does it now work ok ?? if not you need to edit the registry and ill explain about that after we know if the above works or not
bong69

Post by bong69 »

Hi thanks for the reply mate. Right, yes it asked I didnt have the default dir so I pointed it to the modules dir checked and the dll was there. I select fs2002 press f8, it turns red, load the game create a flight go to vc and nowt! no head movement whatsoever, found something about the registry, MSFSInstalled checked to 1 and the install dir is correct.Oh yes and its unpaused...hmmmm, thanks again for the help mate, any more pointers?

Cheers, Frank
Hotdognz

Post by Hotdognz »

Ok Frank well in that case mate its a pain in the ass clean install of FS2002 as what you describe happened to me. But before you have to take that drastic measure (i know you will have lots of addons) try this, if you have lots of HD space and can make a copy of your compleat FS2002 dir do it, dont MOVE it just copy it to another HD and leave it there, now once you have done that uninstall FS2002 and all the addons you have installed so that the unistall cleans all the registry up. Next make sure in the registry there are no FS2002 registry links anywhere.

Uninstall the Track Ir softwear next. Ok now that you have done all that (make sure you move your FS2002 first though) install FS2002 again and run it once and exit, next install Track Ir again and do the FS2002 TrackIR.dll file again, now make sure Track IR is set up for FS2002 again as stated in my above post and try it again, it SHOULD work.

Whats happened to you happened to me, my FS2002 install was a year old and for some reason it just wouldnt pick up the TrackkIR.dll file with some of the addons I had installed into FS2002 what ever I did I couldnt get it to work I tried everything but a uninstall/reinstall worked great and has every time I have done it since. If it fails again you still have your orignal FS2002 install that you can move back across and run again as it will just write itself to the registry again and all work fine.

This im afraid Frank is all i can offer in help, hope it works

[ November 18, 2002, 10:41 AM: Message edited by: Hotdognz ]
bong69

Post by bong69 »

Thanks mate, I'll try that to be honest you described my fs2002 dir exactly! lots of er 'stuff' floating around in there! I'll give that a go and report back mate, again...thanks.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

I have seen this same problem before, and the solution presented here is correct. The easiest thing to do is just move all the modules out of the Modules folder, and then after our program is working add the modules back one by one. That seems to do the trick.
bong69

Post by bong69 »

Thanks guys! got it working.....WOW! *speechless*
Hotdognz

Post by Hotdognz »

Great Frank glad i could help and WOW is the word .
bong69

Post by bong69 »

cheers mate....still speechless especially since I hooked up me e-dimensional glasses too, talk about immersion
stewart

Post by stewart »

Jim

I wonder if you could tell me the best ay to deal with the modules idea, as I have so much stuff on FS that I don't want to really re-install.
I have the same problem with the mouse working in FS but not working the views in virtual cockpit! All the default keys are as they should be.

Can you run FS without the other folders in the modules file??? to check if the IR tracker is working? Do you then have to install each file and run FS after each one?? Sorry to sound so thick.

Stewart

[ November 25, 2002, 12:04 PM: Message edited by: stewart ]