TrackIR 5 stopped working all of a sudden

Fede_IT

Post by Fede_IT »

Hi there,
been using TrackIR for a while, on FSX steam coupled to OpusFSX, and I never had an issue. Today, I started as usual, but I saw only one light was lit, and it wasn't detecting any movement. So I opened the TrackIR interface, and it seemes fine, but no clip/proclip detected (those 3 green dots).Browsing on the forums, I did everything requested (uninstalled everything, downloaded software, installed as admin, plugged in, etc) Fact is that Win10 sees my Track IR (it is not an "unknown device"), it works (I can pause it, the red lights turn on), and I see it connected on the program interface (it appears and disappears when I plug it in and out) but it doesn't detect any clip....

Any ideas?

Thanks
Fede
Dale Goldstone

Re: TrackIR 5 stopped working all of a sudden

Post by Dale Goldstone »

Me too :evil:
Michaeltraup

Post by Michaeltraup »

As far as I know nothing changed anywhere on my computer but all of a sudden Spell Catcher stopped working. Can you help with what to look for to get it going again?

Many thanks
Impact84

Post by Impact84 »

Hi all ! Since few days have a same problem. Which OS Windows do you have ? Did you solve the problem ?

With best regards
Impact84
jcomm

Post by jcomm »

Same here since today...

After the latest Win 10 update:

2018-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4284822)

it worked for a couple days, then all of a sudden the camera appeared to go nuts, wiggling all around, and then simply stopped working.

I made all possible fixes, including a total erase of the software and drivers, re-install, everything.

The TIR 5 software works, but there are no green leds lit up on the unit.

Tried with track clip and track clip pro
joe.lee

Post by joe.lee »

Hello all,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We are currently investigating whether the recent windows update introduced a problem with TrackIR. I will keep everyone posted in this thread. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,
NaturalPoint | Customer Support
joe.lee

Post by joe.lee »

Hello all,

We have tested it against the recent windows update (v1803) on multiple computers, but somehow we were not able to reproduce any crash/connection issues. We are still keeping an eye on it, but if you need further assistance, please email us at support@naturalpoint.com with the descriptions of the issue and details about when it started happening.

Sincerely,
NaturalPoint | Customer Support
Lenop

Post by Lenop »

Same thing here: TrackIR stopped tracking but ONLY in TrackClipPro mode. The 4 red status lights don't lit up. In trackclip mode they do and tracking is fine.
I updated to latest Windows 10 version (1803 KBB4340917) today and the issue appeared.
Rolling back doesn't resolve the issue, neither does uninstalling and installing TrackIR software.

Curious if any of the other reporters resolved the issue.
lharv71

Post by lharv71 »

Mine is going crazy when I reload windows 10 completely it works for a few days then BANG I get this;
TrackIR Issues.JPG
TrackIR Issues.JPG (173.44 KiB) Viewed 33827 times
Please HELP with this issue ASAP...........I am an avid Flight Simmer and this is my past time.................

Harv
Blackcat

Post by Blackcat »

I have the same problem for 6 months. after a long period of madness, it does not work anymore. the 4 leds in the sensor are lit, the red leds come on when it is paused. I did not change anything in my configuration. to read forum posts, I find that we have different hardware and software configurations, but the problem is the same.
I do not want to believe in a planned obsolescence.
So, please find a solution.