Still can't use software and support is non-responsive for broken unit.

Acecool

Still can't use software and support is non-responsive for broken unit.

Post by Acecool »

I have tried contacting support because the clip part has broken.. For now I'm using hot-glue. I'm still forced to use free / open-source tracking software because TrackIR doesn't pick up my unit. I'm downloading the latest version 5.4.2 version ( Have to choose repair install or do a complete uninstall / reinstall ) to see if it works.
Chris.Johnson

Re: Still can't use software and support is non-responsive for broken unit.

Post by Chris.Johnson »

Hello Acecool,

Thank you for reaching back out. I got an email from you 6 month ago and responded to that.

I'm sorry to hear that your Clip had broken. I was able to pull up your order based on your email, unfortunately you were outside of the 12 month warranty. I cannot replace the clip, and we don't sell the bracket to the clip separate.

--------------
You may purchase a new clip if you follow this link: http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/accessories/
--------------

WARRANTY
1 Year Limited Warranty
NaturalPoint warrants to the original consumer or other end user who purchased directly from NaturalPoint or through an Authorized dealer that this product, the NaturalPoint TrackIR, is free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one year from the date of purchase. During the limited warranty period, an RMA request originating in the United States, or any product purchased from NaturalPoint directly and with a valid proof of purchase (in the form of product registration or packing slip / invoice) will be repaired or replaced at our option, without charge. During the limited warranty period, an RMA request originating outside of the United States, and not purchased directly from NaturalPoint, should be submitted to the Authorized Dealer from where the product was originally purchased, the Authorized Dealer will repair or replace the unit at their discretion, without charge.

This warranty shall be voided if; the product is not purchased from NaturalPoint or an authorized dealer, modified, tampered with, misused, or subjected to abnormal working conditions. This warranty does not cover physical damage to the surface of this product. This warranty does not apply when the malfunction results from the use of this product in conjunction with accessories, other products, or peripheral equipment.

Repair or replacement as provided under this warranty is the exclusive remedy of the purchaser. THIS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS OR SUITABILITY FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE, AND NATURALPOINT INC. SHALL IN NO EVENT BE LIABLE TO PURCHASER FOR INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND OR CHARACTER. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation or incidental or consequential damages or allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.

ANY USE OF THE TRACKIR FOR PURPOSES OTHER THAN THOSE EXPRESSLY PROMOTED BY NATURALPOINT OR ANY DISASSEMBLY OR MODIFICATION OF THE TRACKIR HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE WILL VOID THIS AND ANY OTHER WARRANTY OR RETURN RIGHTS.
All the Best,
Chris Johnson
Customer Support Engineer
NaturalPoint
mrgrtt123

Re: Still can't use software and support is non-responsive for broken unit.

Post by mrgrtt123 »

Will there still be a chance that it will replace or atleast fix?
https://www.petstreetmall.com