Truview head not centered solution?

Al-Azraq

Truview head not centered solution?

Post by Al-Azraq »

Hi all,

I would like to know if there is any way to avoid the 'sinking head' problem when Trueview is on. When checking around in IL2 (and I have read that in other games also) with trueview enabled, when coming back to the centre and looking forward, the head is not centered but sunk into the cockpit. As I have noticed searching over internet, is a common problem.

My question is: is there any way to avoid it? I would like to use trueview but in a game like IL2 this makes me impossible to use it.

Any upcoming software update (the last update is from 2016) that may solve it?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Remontti

Re: Truview head not centered solution?

Post by Remontti »

I'm going to lift this old post as this is still a issue.

My experience is from IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad too. It is quite odd. With Trueview off the head position is spot on when returning view to front. But when looking behind the heads sideway movement in inverted and really confusing. So I rather not disable Trueview.
I alt-tabbed mid-game and put Trueview back on. Now when looking upwards to 5 and 7 o'clock and then back to front my head position was more lifted up (sometimes the head sinks) than it was when I started looking back. A small nod usually returns the view back to correct level.

I've tried different camera positions and various curves. Putting some deadzone help a bit but it doesn't remove the issue.
Al-Azraq

Re: Truview head not centered solution?

Post by Al-Azraq »

Thanks for the up! The problem of course it is still present, it also happens in DCS but it is way less severe and for that sim I have trueview enabled. In IL2 the sinking head issue is very bad so I have it disabled and already got used to it.

However, could someone from NaturalPoint address this issue? An update to the software to solve it would be great, but it seems that this is already abandonware as the last software update is from 2016.