different cameras

supercourgette

different cameras

Post by supercourgette »

I would like to know if it's possible to use a setup with differents cameras (13 and 17w) and use them together in motive. I'm asking because I tried this morning and I got some artefact, while it seems to be working the 17w cameras view seems to be extended (lhe texture was repeated in the preview window). Thank you for your help.
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: different cameras

Post by steven.andrews »

Hi supercourgette,

Working with a mix of camera types is ok, and something that is done often. The setup and calibration process is the same, though you will usually want to pay attention to the different fields of view, strategically placing the cameras for good coverage.

If the calibration was not a good one, you may want to review the Wand Wave take. Make sure the wand wave looks clean, and that there are no extreme extra reflections that should not be there. When mixing camera types, you sometimes need to give the cameras different settings.
If you continue to struggle with this, feel free to reach out to us directly, and to provide the take file for us to review.

Best,
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer
help.naturalpoint.com
support@optitrack.com
Daisymartin

Post by Daisymartin »

Do any external cameras are available for a mobile phone?
Jamsheed3

Post by Jamsheed3 »

Daisymartin wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:03 am Do any external cameras are available for a mobile phone?
Which device are you using? As far as I know, there is don't anything external. Thanks!
mrgrtt123

Post by mrgrtt123 »

I don't think it will work on camera, but a lense will do.
https://www.petstreetmall.com