Any great virtual cockpits for FS2004 ?

nemmie

Any great virtual cockpits for FS2004 ?

Post by nemmie »

Just got FS2004, and wondering if there are any airplane downloads people would recommend - ideally freeware at the moment.

No specific plane type desired - just really good virtual cockpits.

TIA for any replies.
LordOliver

Re: Any great virtual cockpits for FS2004 ?

Post by LordOliver »

go to www.avsim.com and take a walk through their files section. Make sure you read the description of the planes because if it doesn't say it has a virtual cockpit... you can't add one to it later.

There are some really nice models out there.
Moog

Post by Moog »

Here are a few good freeware aircraft with excellent VCs for you to check out (I don't have some of the filenames handy because I deleted the original zip files), just use the text search at flightsim.com:

- Socata TB20GT Trinidad by Bill Leaming

- Mistubishi F-1 (plus updates), you'll know it when you see it!

- USVIPER.zip Kirk Olsson's amazing F-16

- Aero Commander 680 by Milton Shupe

- Anything by Bill Lyons / Golden Eagles Squadron (some packages come with classic cars, motorboats, even skaters and downhill skiers)

- Beriev Be-103 (amphibian) by Hedge Hopper Design Shop

That should be enough to keep you going for awhile... I have to wait another few weeks before I get my hands on TrackIR2 and a pair of E-D glasses. Bring on LO-MAC!!

Is it true that TrackIR is not supported in Combat Flight Simulator 3? That'd be a huge pity...

Play It Cool

-Barra
evdheide

Post by evdheide »

At simviation com on the helicopter section there is the gazelle helicopter. The blade look stunning and even rotates when giving torgue