TrackIR 5 stopped working all of a sudden

tascaso

Re: TrackIR 5 stopped working all of a sudden

Post by tascaso »

This may tie in to this thread. I wanted to get back into my flight sims and now my TrackIR 5 Software is acting up. When I start the program/GUI it runs very slowly, hangs up, I have to go into Task Manager to close it up and it eventually hangs up my PC and I have to do a hard reset. I uninstalled completely, cleaned out the Registry, reinstalled and same thing. I am out of the flight sim business!

I have a TrackIR 4 I may install just for kicks and see how that runs. Any suggestions let me know!

Thanks!

-tony
MrK2

Post by MrK2 »

Mine stopped working all of a sudden too. Tried on a different pc and it doesnt work there either. Inconclusive if its a windows update or just burn out. Expensive choice to buy another and find it isnt the device.

What to do.......
franmolders

Post by franmolders »

Track IR 5.4.2 software stopped starting!
After months having no problem using your Track IR hardware in combination with 5.4.2 version software under Windows 10 in X-Plane 11 simulation products, suddenly it stopped working today. Software does not start any more. I have tried EVERYTHING: uninstalling and installing software and drivers, rebooting several times, downloading a new copy of the software... Sometimes it gets to start, but immediately shows a "suspended" condition under the task manager and shuts down again. I have also uninstalled the latest version of Nvidia video drivers and installed and older one. To no avail. Can anyone please help me with this?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Blackcat

Post by Blackcat »

it is a material problem, and the company denies it.
we all have different software and hardware configuration and the problem is the same. in my opinion it is planned obsolescence.
dradecki

Post by dradecki »

After a new installation after a disk crash I am now unable to run TrackIR. It runs for about 30 seconds and then just closes up. I have tried all the suggestions I have seen on-line including disabling the triple buffer feature of my NVidia driver, but again with no luck. Is there a log file or some such thing we can look at to get an idea?
Trackie123

Post by Trackie123 »

Has there been a resolution for this problem. Its been reported for months with no answer coming from Tech Support.
I have the same problem as others reporting here.
Come on Naturalpoint extract the digit and get this fixed.
Tech-69

Post by Tech-69 »

All,

Today after receiving a pushed update from Windows 10 (I didn't update my machine for many months), my TrackIR5 stopped working with: Device not detected.

This was weird because just prior to that upgrade all was fine. Frustrated I went to the Device Manager and tried to look for an updated driver. Of course nothing online had anything so I decided to scan the C:\Windows.old (the back from prior to the update) and viola there was a compatible driver and now all works again.

So the 2/19/2019 Update :
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134

Broke TrackIR and so if you kept your backup C:\Windows.old you can search it using the Device Manage and find the old driver again which works!
BernieS

Post by BernieS »

I purchased TrackIR5 last week for use with P3D V4.

After getting "device not recognised" I manually installed the driver & all was working just fine - for one day.

Now, P3D is not recognising the device, even though it works just fine in the TrackIR calibration software, & also in DCS.

I submitted a ticket to support & received what is clearly the standard, automated response - which was no use whatsoever. I have other programmes that use simconnect, & they are all working just fine - so that isn't the problem.

Is this product still even supported - I have had no follow-up to the useless automated reply to my ticket, & there doesn't appear to be any other way of contacting them; plus there are a growing number of un-answered technical issue posts on here (mine amongst them).

If any Natural Point staff read this, please let us know what is going on - there are a growing number of highly frustrated users out here who would appreciate some answers to their problems with your equipment.
joe.lee

Post by joe.lee »

Hello,

Thank you for sharing the issues on this thread. For any questions that need direct attention, please send us an email at support@naturalpoint.com and we will try to assist you directly.

For device connection issues, the first thing to check is the Windows Device Manager and check whether TrackIR is getting listed under NaturalPoint devices. If it doesn't get listed in there, there could be an issue with USB driver load or with the hardware itself. In general, I would suggest doing a full reinstall of both the software and the driver.

1. Unplug the TrackIR from your computer.
2. Remove TrackIR from add/remove programs.
3. Remove NaturalPoint Drivers from add/remove programs.
4. Delete installer executable from where you saved it.
5. Delete NaturalPoint folder from Program Files x86.
6. Delete NaturalPoint folder from %APPDATA% location. (APPData is a hidden folder)
-C:\Users\[Your.User.Name]\AppData\Roaming\NaturalPoint.
7. Reboot PC.
8. Download the latest installer from our website.
-The latest download will also have our latest USB Drivers.
9. Right-click and install as an administrator. It will ask to install the USB driver at the beginning. Please make sure this gets installed along with the TrackIR software.
10. Plug in TrackIR and check the device manager to verify the driver install.
11. Locate the Track IR 5 Icon on your desktop, Right-click and 'Run as Administrator'.

For those who are experiencing a connection issue with P3D. You may want to check and try resetting the SimConnect library. First of all, please check the library files are installed on the following directory.

\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\redist\Interface\FSX-SP1\retail\lib
\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib

If they exist, try running the MSI files included in there to reset them. Once that is done, try rebooting the computer, launch both programs with admin privileges, and see if TrackIR can communicate with the client properly.

If the above does not resolve the problem, or if there are any other questions that need direct attention, please email us at support@naturalpoint.com to discuss further. We've been reaching out to the support emails that came in so far to help with the troubleshooting. If, for some reason, anyone didn't get a complete response on a previous ticket, please include the old ticket number in the email for reference.

Regards,
NaturalPoint | Customer Support
atul822

Post by atul822 »

I did this and it worked.
Blackcat wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:14 am I have the same problem for 6 months. after a long period of madness, it does not work anymore. the 4 leds in the sensor are lit, the red leds come on when it is paused. I did not change anything in my configuration. to read forum posts, I find that we have different hardware and software configurations, but the problem is the same.
I do not want to believe in a planned obsolescence.
So, please find a solution.
I had the same issue. Was working fine but then it stopped working all of a sudden. The green light at the left of the sensor stopped appearing and only four red lights would appear.

After multiple reinstallations, deleting registry manually, etc. and failures,.. finally found a solution to make it work.

Play with "Light Filter Threshold" while you've got your clips within the sensor's range. Plus make sure that there are no other light reflections in the background.

This helped me and I hope it works on yours and others who are suffering the same. It's strange that I didn't make any changes in this field prior to the whole thing not working.

Best,
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (60.3 KiB) Viewed 24502 times