TRackIR issues with P3D

GeriatricGinger

TRackIR issues with P3D

Post by GeriatricGinger »

I have had TrackIR5 for about a year. The past week or so, it just quit recognizing Prepar3Dv4.4 Works fin in DCS World, but in P3Dv4, it no longer seems to be recognized.
Win10 64bit, i7-6700K, 16gb, 500gbSSD (x3)
TrackIR 5 4.2.27545

Task Manager shows it as 32bit, but my PC is 64 bit. Nothing has changed that I am aware. SimConnect installed (again), in both FSX-SP1 and FSX-SP2-XPack.

If I reboot, I can get the status indicators to be GREEN, YELLOW, BLUE once I launch both TIR and P3D as admin, but it still doesn't work. IR receiver is 2 greens, but no function in the sim. If I close both TIR and game, and reopen as admin, I get GREEN, YELLOW, BLACK.
Chris.Johnson

Re: TRackIR issues with P3D

Post by Chris.Johnson »

Hello GeriatricGinger,

Thank you for using Track IR, and contacting us in the forums. I will be happy to assist here. It's possible the Microsoft Visual C ++ 2013 Redist (x86) is corrupt, or not a compatible version with Track IR. Following the steps below will ensure the correct version is installed.

Please try doing a Full uninstall and reinstall of the software and see if that helps including Microsoft Visual C ++ 2013 Redist (x86) in step 4. You can follow these steps below:

1. Unplug the TackIR from your computer.
2. Remove TrackIR from add/remove programs.
3. Remove NaturalPoint Drivers from add/remove programs.
4. Remove Microsoft Visual C ++ 2013 Redist (x86) from add/remove programs.
5. Delete installer executable from where you saved it.
6. Delete NaturalPoint folder from Program Files x86.
7. Delete NaturalPoint folder from %APPDATA% location. (APPData is a hidden folder)
-C:\Users\[Your.User.Name]\AppData\Roaming\NaturalPoint.
8. Reboot PC.
9. Download the latest installer from our website.
-The latest download will also have our latest USB Drivers.
10. Right-click and install as an administrator.
11. Plug in TrackIR and verify the driver install.
12. Locate the Track IR 5 Icon on your desktop, Right-click and 'Run as Administrator'. (This only needs to be done the first time.)

Please let me know if this works for you, or if you have any questions on how to complete this.
All the Best,
Chris Johnson
Customer Support Engineer
NaturalPoint
GeriatricGinger

Thank you.

It was actually another application (ChasePlane) that was hosing it all up. The below steps did not fix the problem, so I clsoed down Chaseplane and the TIR5 started working immediately.

Have a good day.
GeriatricGinger

OK, same issue is back.. No Chaseplane running; only the TrackIR and P3Dv4.4.. I'll try your listed steps once again, hopefully it'll work. TIR5 works flaslessly in DCS World, and used to work flawlessly in P3Dv4.4 for me.. but not so much now..
GeriatricGinger

So I went through all of your steps (again) and now I get both greens on the sensor, the software is displaying connections as expected, but no visual movement within P3D..