TRackIR crash after game update

Animal451

TRackIR crash after game update

Post by Animal451 »

I've been using TrackIR for many years and built a new PC in January this year. It has worked fine up until I decided to update the game list. When I restart the software it crashes when starting back up. There was a post from a couple years back to delete some files in the %appdata%\naturalpoint\trackir folder. This didn't work so I tried moving the entire TrackIR folder to my desktop and that seemed to allow the software to start. I can use it as I normally do but each time I restart the computer or restart the software, it crashes again. I can delete the TrackIR folder and get it running but loose all custom settings.

I completely uninstalled the software, made sure the folders were gone, and reinstalled but I have the same issue of having to delete the TrackIR folder in the appdata folder.

Any help would be appreciated . . .
Chris.Johnson

Re: TRackIR crash after game update

Post by Chris.Johnson »

Hello Animal451,

Thank you for using Track IR and contacting us. You may try removing the Microsoft Visual C ++ 2013 Redistributable (x86). Installing the one that is provided with the Track IR installer may fix this.

You can follow these steps below:

1. Unplug the TackIR from your computer.
2. Remove TrackIR from add/remove programs.
3. Remove NaturalPoint Drivers from add/remove programs.
4. Remove Microsoft Visual C ++ 2013 Redist (x86) from add/remove programs
5. Delete NaturalPoint folder from Program Files x86.
6. Delete NaturalPoint folder from %APPDATA% location. (APPData is a hidden folder)
-C:\Users\[Your.User.Name]\AppData\Roaming\NaturalPoint.
7. Right-click and install as an administrator.
8. Locate the Track IR 5 Icon on your desktop, Right-click and 'Run as Administrator'. (This only needs to be done the first time.)

Please let me know if this works for you, or if you have any questions on how to complete this.
All the Best,
Chris Johnson
Customer Support Engineer
NaturalPoint
Cpeters

Re: TRackIR crash after game update

Post by Cpeters »

Hello,

I have followed all your steps and redownloaded TrackIR 5.4.2 and run it again it opens and runs just fine however when you close the application
and try and re-open it says TrackIR 5.4 (Not Responding). I didn't run the game update in fear that this would happen again. Please help,

SYSTEM Spec:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
BaseBoard Product: MPG Z390 GAMING EDGE AC (MS-7B17)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM):64.0 GB
Windows 10
Version: 10.0.18362 Build 18362