Profiles and assets

ozxp4129

Profiles and assets

Post by ozxp4129 »

Hello,

I would like to have different profile files for Motive containing the definitions of different assests. The problem, however, is that when for example Motive profile file A is loaded and I load profile file B, the assets defined in A are not replaced by those defined in B, but those in B are added to those in A. Is this behaviour indended (If it is, this seems not to make much sense)? Is there a way around this (except resetting Motive)? Keeping an empty default profile seems not possible since the current profile is automatically saved into the default profile. Also, what happens with other settings in the profile when a new profile file is loaded?

Thanks,

Martin
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Profiles and assets

Post by steven.andrews »

Hello Martin,

Thank you for reaching out to the community regarding Motive profiles. Loading a profile will bring in the assets it contains, on top of the assets that are currently in Motive. I will have a discussion with our development team regarding this workflow, and if we may want to make a change to this behavior.

If you load a profile, settings in Motive will be overridden with the settings from the Profile. You can open the .motive file to see that it is an XML format, and you can remove settings that you may not want to have loaded into Motive if you are comfortable making these edits.

If you would like to launch Motive in an empty/default state, you can try saving a Profile with the asset list empty and any settings you want applied. If you then double-click the profile to launch the software, Motive will launch using the configuration in this profile. This would be one way to consistently launch with an empty session, so you can populate it as needed.

I hope this helps to give you some ideas for working with the profiles. If you run into any issues, please feel free to reach out to our Support team for further assistance.

Best,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer
help.naturalpoint.com
support@optitrack.com