TrackIR 5 - Stops Tracking after short period of use

esdin

TrackIR 5 - Stops Tracking after short period of use

Post by esdin »

Hi folks,

My TrackIR 5 setup was working fine until earlier this month. The behavior that occurs now is as follows:

1) Launch TrackIR 5 - headtracking and all hotkeys work as expected
2) Run TrackIR 5 for several minutes - tracking indicator is locked in place. No errors are shown.

Restarting TrackIR solves the issue until it locks again.

I have tried fully uninstalling (including registry wipes) and am still encountering the issue. Any thoughts on how to debug or resolve?
Chris.Johnson

Re: TrackIR 5 - Stops Tracking after short period of use

Post by Chris.Johnson »

Hello esdin,

This sounds like the USB controller in the device is malfunctioning. Are you able to test this on a second computer?
All the Best,
Chris Johnson
Customer Support Engineer
NaturalPoint
RomanBars

Post by RomanBars »

a similar problem, checked on 3 computers (2- win10). It doesn’t work on new computers, but everything works fine on the old one (win7)
dmc

Post by dmc »

Hi, I have similar problem but it doesn't freeze it goes haywire, usually 10+ mins after starting (and works perfectly for first 10-20 mins).
I tried it on separate laptop and same issue.
I have a hunch it is something to do with looking away or taking the hat off for a while which I have to do on FSX/VATSIM for charts etc.
ticket raised.
David
Von Quest

Post by Von Quest »

Before Posting a New Topic, I thought I'd jump on here... Same issue!

Ever since getting a New TrackIR5 and Installing Win10, its been a nightmare. OMG. I was about to buy my 3rd TrackIR5 but they're too expensive. The Older TrackIR4's (had 2 of them, but gave them away when I upgraded to the TrackIR5's) still work GREAT to this day.

The first TrackIR5 burnt out or something gave out, failed, etc. Went completely haywire and glitched with a Blotchy Red Screen in the upper-right screen feedback area that shows you reflectors. No biggie. Things fail sometimes. Then I bought a 2nd TrackIR5 (that's 4 now at $150 a piece, ouch).

Its been glitchy (feature or bug?) since day one. I can't seem to isolate or find whats going on. It may be a compound issue, or related to Win10.

The issue is it keeps PAUSING or going into a SLEEP MODE?... If I keep my head kinda still for just seconds, the Camera Tracking turns Off. I feel this is a feature or intended behavior from Windows 10, or the TrackIR 5 itself. When it Pauses (or sleeps) it Glitches the Game!!!! When it Pauses, it changes my Camera/View perspective (small pain in the ass), but when/if I move my head to get it to wake back up,it glitches Big Time and is a massive pain in the ass. It more often than not flips the Camera/View Sideways, Backwards, Upside-down, etc.

So to recap... it glitches and changes the Camera/View slightly when it Pauses, then if/when I shake my head to wake it up (and you really have to move in an exaggerated motion), the Game or Software can't find the original perspective and it gets confused and the Camera/View is drastically flipped or skewed.

IT IS BAD. Its a Game Breaker!...

I have thousands of dollars now into Custom PC's for our weekly LAN Parties (we play ArmA 3). And After a couple months of chasing this, I'm getting frustrated and running out of ideas to fix this. I've googled the issue several times, and turned Off the USB Sleep settings in the Device Manager under each setting account. I've rebuilt the PC twice now. Tried different Drivers, etc. Am I missing something here??? I'm not finding too many posts like this and wonder if its rare or unique, or others aren't having the major glitch like this?

Sorry this is long-winded.

How can I (or the public) keep the TrackIR5 from Pausing/Sleeping if you stop moving your head?

Details :
If viewing the Feedback Screen, and keeping your Head still for several seconds (the time sometimes seems to vary)...
1. the Left Green Light turns Off on the physical device
2. the Middle Yellow Light for Camera Tracking Status turns Off (lower right on the screen)
3. the screen in the upper right showing the motion of the Reflectors (now 3 red) is working (they still move slightly), so I know its "tracking"
-PAUSED/SLEEP/WAIT-
4. then keep moving beyond x range, and then it Turns back On - Left Light On, Yellow Middle Indicator On, 3 Green Reflectors
----> Game Freaks Out and loses Orientation, can't see, and Dead in Game!

The only way to Fix while in Play is to Shake my head (often violently, or in extreme angels) to get it back on and re-centered.
To clarify, I'm not talking about the F9 Button to Force Pause it, and/or the F12 Button for Centering.

Been a HUGE fan of Track IR for over ten years now, and can't play without it. Used to be an avid Flight Simmer (Aces High, Rise of Flight, DCS, etc) and now we play ArmA 3.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE. How to you fix or explain this??????..........
jon.campbell

Post by jon.campbell »

Hi Von Quest,

Can you submit a ticket to support@naturalpoint.com with this? Your issue appears to be a bit more involved...
Jon Campbell
Customer Support Engineer
TrackIR
NaturalPoint