CFS 3 support?

Cello

Re: CFS 3 support?

Post by Cello »

Hey

I agree with Brannon: Try to support the pov-hat. Thats the only thing I miss with this amazing peace of hardware. Since I use different sims, one thing is clear: pov-hat sports almost all games, even the old ones. Sure, nativ support is allways the best way, but if a simm is not open-source (at least partly), you will have the same debates each time a new game is out. Conclusion: Go for the pov!!!

[ October 29, 2002, 01:24 AM: Message edited by: Cello ]
TDog

Post by TDog »

It is absolutely insane that they don't, at least, have mouselook. I was on the fence about this game, but I thought mouselook was a given and with TIR functioning in FS2002 was hoping they'd even have direct support. No way I'm buying this thing until TIR is working.
FTLeisure

Post by FTLeisure »

I am displaying Virtual Reality systems at this years European Flight Simulations show and rest assured I will be 'chatting' with the Microsoft representative at this show about the lack of TrackIR support in CFS3.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Borg:

Thanks for putting the word in Microsoft's ear! I can't imagine that they won't have some level of interest if they actually saw the trackIR in use.

Let us know what happens.
Maestro

Post by Maestro »

I mailed MS and told them they're going to loose pilots to the Il-2 series. I wrote them that I think it is silly that FS2k2 supports the trackIR and CFS3 doesn't!

Myself, I installed CFS3 and flew for about two hours with it since. I quickly returned to IL-2 for a nice immersed feeling.

POV would be great, but then you would only have 'snapviews' and not the virtual panning pit like in IL-2 or FS2k2.

Greets,

Maestro
399th LowLand Display Tigers
Halstead York

Post by Halstead York »

Everyone should know that there is a patch upcoming for CFS3- now is a great time to let them know how you feel about you trackIR (think Charlton Heston at an NRA convention).