MS Combat Flight Sim 2 Pacific

Edgeshot

MS Combat Flight Sim 2 Pacific

Post by Edgeshot »

Hi:
I just installed my track ir and want to use it for MS flight sim Pacific.
I didn't get a profile for this in the CD. Does anyone have it that can e mail it to me?
Another question for anyone out there:
I have a Cougar USB set up to play my game, when I go to play I see the cursor moving to the movement of my head, but I do not pan vies in virtual cockpit. How do I set it up so it does?
I have a dell L700 with WinME, 64Mb and a PCI card. Please help!
Nimits

Re: MS Combat Flight Sim 2 Pacific

Post by Nimits »

I did not even think Track IR supported CFS2.
AV8R

Post by AV8R »

When the TIR is used with CFS2, and the tracking is disabled (F9); then the TIR will control the placement of the cusor on the screen while in the cockpit (2 or 3D cpits).

But as far as controlling the viewing, my testing it shows that TIR does not work with CFS2 even if one places the MSFS2K2 TrackIR.DLL in the modules folder.

I wonder what the plans for TIR support is for CFS2/3?

AV8R
jetmech

Post by jetmech »

i had had dusted off the old cfs2 disk and it to try it out with track ir, but was disapointed to find out it didnt work. the same goes for cfs3. will these games be supported by track ir at any time?
Donald

Post by Donald »

Hello All,

Unfortunately we will not work with CFS2 or 3 and probably never will.

TrackIR enhanced support can be obtained one of two ways. Either the game developer includes our SDK in their code for native TrackIR enhanced support or they release an SDK of their own and we create a .dll that can talk to their game.

Unfortunately, Microsoft has stated they will never provide any core software updates to CFS 3 (or anything older) and they will not release an SDK either.

Without these, the TrackIR enhanced mode will not be available.
DocLotus

Post by DocLotus »

I have CFS 1, 2, & 3 plus FS 95, 98, 2000, 2002, & 2004.

As FS 2004 does support TrackIR I was wondering if there are some files in FS2004 that can be copied into the CFS folder to give CFS TrackIR capability?

I can not believe that Micro$oft would bring out a modern combat sim and not include one of the best things to come to simming in years... TrackIR.

A combat sim without TrackIR is a throwback to the old days of gameplay.

Simply unbelievable!
Jim

Post by Jim »

Thanks for your kind comments, we just happen to think the same thing!

Keep your fingers crossed that we might be able to have some sort of functionality in CFS3 by the end of the year. No promises just yet.