Trackir 5 problem

Ale1967

Trackir 5 problem

Post by Ale1967 »

Hi guys, for a few days my Trackir 5 didn't turn on anymore, I tried it on another PC of mine and it turned on; I went back to the main PC that I use for flight simulation, I uninstalled everything, eliminating any folder, I installed Trackir 5 again and it turns on correctly; the problem is that it no longer connects with flight simulators, both Prepar3d 4.5 and DCS, what else can I do?

Ale1967
Chris.Johnson

Re: Trackir 5 problem

Post by Chris.Johnson »

Hello,

Thank you for using Track IR and contacting us. Is the tracking working properly in the TrackIR software? TrackIR should be working properly there in order for it to connect to Prepare3D.

If TrackIR is working fine on the TrackIR software and it only fails to connect to P3D, you can try resetting the SimConnect library which is used to communicate with TrackIR server.

Could you check if the files are included in the following installation directory? They are located in these folders:

\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\redist\Interface\FSX-SP1\retail\lib
\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib

If they already exist, try running the included MSI files to reset them. Once you have done that, reboot the computer, and then run TrackIR as administrator, and then run the game with administrator privileges as well.

I hope this helps, please let me know if anything is unclear
All the Best,
Chris Johnson
Customer Support Engineer
NaturalPoint
Ale1967

Re: Trackir 5 problem

Post by Ale1967 »

It now works with Preoar3d 4.5 and not with DCS

Ale1967