Compability Motive, Unity, Oculus Quest

LucieDance

Compability Motive, Unity, Oculus Quest

Post by LucieDance »

HI I am new to the forum as well as new to working with Motive and Unity.

I am working with Motive version 1.9 and would like to find out where I can upload the Unity (2.0 version) plugin which would work with 1.9 Motive (as the one on the website wont work with Motive 1.9).

I am trying to set up a test for VR/MR with Oculus Quest - do I need to upload also the OpenVR driver? If yes, what version?

Also can I double check that this data can be read in real time from Motive to Unity ? Has anyone done experiments then to stream it to Oculus Quest – in real time too?

Any advice /links will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Lucie
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Compability Motive, Unity, Oculus Quest

Post by steven.andrews »

Hello Lucie,

Thanks for reaching out to the community regarding your VR streaming questions.
Motive 1.9 is a little older, and there is always a possibility that something in the streaming protocol could have changed between then and the versions that began supporting our VR plugins. We try to maintain backward compatibility as much as possible, but there are sometimes fixes that do end up affecting this.

The best option would be to update to the current version of Motive, which has full compatibility with the plugins we currently provide. If that is not possible for you, you may want to try streaming to the OpenVR Driver instead. This may be more universally compatible, and may be able to receive the streaming data from Motive 1.9. One important thing to remember in this is that Motive 1.9 does not contain any of the current tools for properly calibrating the pivot point for an HMD.
Unfortunately, if this option does not work out, it may simply be that you will need to update Motive.

With the proper version of Motive and our plugins, we do support realtime streaming into Unity. This can be done with our Unity plugin or the OpenVR Driver.
We currently support the Vive, Vive Pro and Valve Index for the OpenVR Driver.

Best,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer
help.naturalpoint.com
support@optitrack.com