CFS3

trap

CFS3

Post by trap »

With the news that CFS3 is going to be supported in TrackIR, I have gone the next step and ordered Vector. I was haveing trouble getting use to flying and being able to look down. but unable to check my six. Shot down alot,
BM357_TinMan

Re: CFS3

Post by BM357_TinMan »

I've already re-installed CFS3 and my rig and am currently installing all the AvHistory 1% planes..

I'm so excited about this. I have been deprived of CFS3 for so long because I got used to MouseView in IL2 before i had TrackIR and never could go back to CFS3

Flying in DECENT weather, on a REAL WORLD style of map with AvHistory 1% planes again will be SO awesome. Even if I do have to play almost exclusively offline, that's alright. M/P is where Il2 shines (offline is pretty crappy in IL2) ....

Can't wait, wish I had the v4.0 software now, I'd fly with out vector until I got my pre-ordered just to fly

Can you tell I'm happy?
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

Good to hear gents. While CFS3 is pretty old and doesnt get the same amount of support that the IL2 series gets, I think you will find it a completely new experiance with the Vector.

Youre going to love it.

Cheers.
droz

Post by droz »

when is this 'patch' for cfs 3 going to happen?
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

It will be released with Vector... It rocks!
droz

Post by droz »

awesome. the wife just ordered my a TrackIR 3 pro, and I'll be getting the Vector just after christmas I believe. can't wait
BM357_TinMan

Post by BM357_TinMan »

So Far so good. It has a slightly diferent "Feel" than IL2, but not too different and not bad, just slightly different.

As a matter of fact, it works flawlessly as far as I can tell so far.

I am trying to make some tracks using Fraps. It is a lot harder in CFS3 as opposed to IL2 as you can save a track and play it back from multiple angles; you get ONE take and it'd better be good

IF I do manage to get a couple of good takes, i'll post them on our website for download, (www.bm357.com), but I wouldn't hold my breath as I am not turning out to be much of a director/pilot lol.
DonULFonso
Location: near THE Neandert(h)al (Germany for all Homo Sapiens)

Post by DonULFonso »

quote:Originally posted by droz:
when is this 'patch' for cfs 3 going to happen?*bump*...

...or is the new Naturalpoint software v.4 the only 'patch' I need?

[ December 11, 2004, 11:51 AM: Message edited by: DonULFonso ]
BM357_TinMan

Post by BM357_TinMan »

V4 is all you need if you have TrackIR 3 or 3pro.

V4 will give you absolute yaw and roll movement with trackIR3. If you want the other 3 axis', then you'll have to purchase the vector expansion thingy.

But Yaw and roll are the only two axis that you've had in ANY game with track IR up to this point, so v4 will make trackIR behave in CFS exactly as it does in PF with no additional software/hardware required.

CFS does seem to load a little slower now though....maybe it is just my imagination.
SULLY

Post by SULLY »

Will there be any software/drivers for us who still use Trackir 1 that might enable us to use it in CFS3 without the use of 3rd party programs? Would be nice