Big problems with TrackIR 4 and Win 10 (update 03/11/2020)

RomanBars

Big problems with TrackIR 4 and Win 10 (update 03/11/2020)

Post by RomanBars »

I have a huge problem with TrackIR 4. In January I bought a new computer, of course with wines 10 64, I played IL-2 and I didn’t know any troubles (2 months), but a week ago windows had some kind of update and after that, I I can not use TrackIR. I launch the TrackIR program (everything is as usual and standard), the program starts, TrackIR sometimes connects, and sometimes it doesn’t connect, but if it connects, it recognizes movements and freezes after 2-5 seconds and writes DEVICE not detected and that’s all, and sometimes, after This inscription shows the tracker again after a few seconds, but there is no reaction on the axis. I tried everything that is possible - uninstalled TrackIR and the program with a complete registry cleaning and set it again - the effect is the same. I read this entire forum and did all the options.

After all these problems, I began to think that TrackIR had died and tested on an old computer with 7th Windows and TrackIR
 works great. Also, I put TrackIR on another, new computer at work (windows 10) for testing and the effect is the same - it does not work. Microsoft seems to be messing up something. New drivers, HOW TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM? Maybe someone has similar problems. Colleagues, help. Sorry for my bad english.
jon.campbell

Re: Big problems with TrackIR 4 and Win 10 (update 03/11/2020)

Post by jon.campbell »

Hi Roman,

Can you please email this topic to support@naturalpoint.com? We would like to create a support ticket out of this. Thank you.
Jon Campbell
Customer Support Engineer
TrackIR
NaturalPoint
RomanBars

Post by RomanBars »

OK, I'll do it now. Thanks you
bobf

Post by bobf »

Same with my Trackir 4 camera freezing after say 1min
Thx for your help
jon.campbell

Post by jon.campbell »

Hi bobf,

Can you please email this topic to support@naturalpoint.com? We would like to create a support ticket out of this. Thank you.
Jon Campbell
TrackIR
NaturalPoint
brannonsweet

Post by brannonsweet »

??? Is Support going to follow up with what the solution was? I'm having issues with TrackIR sofwtare seeing my Track IR.
jon.campbell

Post by jon.campbell »

Hi brannronsweet,

Thank you for sending in the support ticket. I just responded to you,
Jon Campbell
TrackIR
NaturalPoint
GiltEdge

Post by GiltEdge »

I have a similar problem. I am new to trackir but have scanned various problem pages and can’t find any direct solution. Either I screwed up something or Windows 10 did an update. However, now I can only use trackir 5 if the unit on the monitor is turned upside down. I realised this when I viewed the 3 reflective sensors 2 at the top and one at the bottom. It works very well when turned upside down and if that’s how I have to use it then so be it.
I might add that I’m using a New iMac dual booted into windows 10 using trackir 5 with a peaked hat clip.
Please help me if you can.
jon.campbell

Post by jon.campbell »

Hi GiltEdge,

It sounds like your camera was rotated 180* inside the TrackIR software.

Inside the TrackIR software, under the Camera Tab under the Camera Rotation drop down, what does it say? It should say 0 by default. Was it somehow set to 180? If not, set it to 180 and your camera should work properly. Let me know if you need any more help.
Jon Campbell
TrackIR
NaturalPoint
GiltEdge

Post by GiltEdge »

Thanks Jon, that did it for me. System is up and running and with a few tweaks here and there (rear lighting adjusted) it is now rock solid. I’m still not proficient at any of this, but if I can help in anyway, I will. Hope others can get to this point as it’s proving to be a great asset to my enjoyment of falcon BMS.
Hang in there, it’s well worth it.