Create a rigid body

yasgonzalezloli

Create a rigid body

Post by yasgonzalezloli »

Hi! I'm from Argentina and i'm new here. I have Motive 1.8.0 and i'm trying to create a rigid body from a previous record and i can't do it. I only have the software and the recordings on my computer, not the cammeras connected. I want to ask for help about creating a rigid body from zero, because when I load a TAK archive and select a couple of markers for creating a rigid body, nothing happens.
Thank you! sorry for my english, i know it's not very good.
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Create a rigid body

Post by steven.andrews »

Hello yasgonzalezloli,

Thanks for reaching out to the community regarding Motive 1.8
That version is quite old, so it is a little hard to remember the exact process there.

I believe you should be able to select your markers, then right-click to create a rigid body from the context menu. Or you can select the markers and create the rigid body in the Assets pane.

Once created, you should see the rigid body listed in the Assets pane. The 3D data will not update and track the rigid body until you reconstruct and autolabel the take again. You can do this by right-clicking the take in the Data pane, and selecting reconstruct and autolabel. If that option is not available, it may have been called trajectorize back then.

I hope this helps to point you in a useful direction.

Best,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer
help.naturalpoint.com
support@optitrack.com