Position from a single marker Motive 2.2.0

gubetanc

Position from a single marker Motive 2.2.0

Post by gubetanc »

Hello,
I have been reading the posts with respect this subject, but it is not clear for me weather it is possible or not to send the position of one single marker, label this marker or if there exist a way to do this. The last post I read about this, is in 2017, so maybe there another ways to do this.
I am doing a test with a drone for catching a ball. I read some publications about this topic and they said they use only one ball and put the reflective tape to read the position of this ball. (I am not interested in the attitude of the ball).
I know the unlabelled marker gives me the position and through the streaming window, I see we are sending this position, but it is not the same with respect to a rigid body that we can label it.

it is possible to do this? and if yes, would you like to share with me the possible ways?

Thanks in advance,
Julio Betancourt
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Position from a single marker Motive 2.2.0

Post by steven.andrews »

Hello Julio,

Thank you for reaching out to the community regarding your questions.

The information you found in the previous post is still accurate; there is no way to automatically label a single marker in realtime. A single marker can only be labeled, manually, in Edit mode.

The position of the individual marker can stream as an unlabeled marker. You may have noticed the position data does appear in a list of unlabeled markers in the NatNet SDK.
Unfortunately, unless you can associate several markers to a rigid body, the single unlabeled markers can change IDs any time the trajectory is broken. If you only have the one unlabeled marker, this may not be a problem if you can program your application to assume the new unlabeled marker is the same as the previous.

Best,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer
help.naturalpoint.com
support@optitrack.com