problems with reflections from eyeglasses

Rwhunt12

problems with reflections from eyeglasses

Post by Rwhunt12 »

I have had Trackir 5 for several years and I initially had issues with reflections off my glasses that caused the tracking to go haywire, I discovered it would go away if I took my glasses off. so I went to the forums and someone suggested I turn down the camera power. I did that and it worked perfectly.

All that said, I recently had a computer issue and I ended up re-installing Windows 10. After that I re-installed my applications including the Track ir 5 software. After that I have issues again with my eyeglasses reflections. This time I could not dial down the power on the camera ( I could only go down to ten on the scale) enough to remove the reflections. So now I am asking what can I do to correct this, it was working perfectly and here in the exact same environment i can't resolve the issue. I am including screen shots and the actual environment which if you zoom in I believe you can read the camera settings.

I tried to attach a couple of screen shots but got error messages saying they were too large at 171 kb? that's pathetic. but I still need help before i dump trackir for something else.
jon.campbell

Re: problems with reflections from eyeglasses

Post by jon.campbell »

Hello,

Can you send an email to support@naturalpoint.com with this issue and include your screenshot attachments there? I will be able to help you through our support ticket system.
Jon Campbell
Customer Support Engineer
TrackIR
NaturalPoint
Rwhunt12

Re: problems with reflections from eyeglasses

Post by Rwhunt12 »

Thanks, I'll do that.