TrackIR thinks my mouse button are keyboard keys when defining hotkeys

petz_e

TrackIR thinks my mouse button are keyboard keys when defining hotkeys

Post by petz_e »

Hi,

I have the Razer Naga Trinity mouse which has 7 side button, numbered 1, 2, 3, ... 7. I want to use these side buttons for centering, pausing and going into precision mode. So I set up hotkeys inside TrackIR. However if I use one of my side buttons from the mouse for these hotkey-actions, not only the mouse button gets defined as a hotkey, but also the corresponding number key on my keyboard (not the number keys from the numpad, but the 'normal' number keys).

This is a problem, as I need the number keys for different game functions and for typing. The corresponding number key on the keyboard is not working correctly anymore, once defined as an additional hotkey.

The problem is that these side buttons are simply named 1, 2, ... 7 on my mouse. The left/right/middle mouse buttons are called Mouse1, Mouse2 and Mouse3. Defining one of these buttons as hotkeys, does not lead to any issues. I don't think that I can change the 'names' of the mouse buttons, at least I don't see any option in my mouse driver. These seam to be hardcoded.

So is there anything I can do inside TrackIR?
Neil Abrew

Re: TrackIR thinks my mouse button are keyboard keys when defining hotkeys

Post by Neil Abrew »

Hi petz_e,

I haven't heard of that issue before, but I can agree that it seems very frustrating. My first guess would be to update the drivers for the mouse itself so that windows can correctly differentiate between the mouse button and the number key. Beyond that, you may have found a bug in our software that we need to fix :)
Neil Abrew
Brand Manger
OptiTrack | TrackIR