TrackIR 3 Pro and Saitek USB HOTAS

ontarff

TrackIR 3 Pro and Saitek USB HOTAS

Post by ontarff »

The TrackIR is not compatible with my Saitek X-36 USB HOTAS. When I enable my HOTAS I get an orange LED on the TrackIR. I am using the TrackIR with SP4 and the TIRF4 file.

It works fine in the 3D pit without my HOTAS enabled. Please advise.
Oz_Cougar

Re: TrackIR 3 Pro and Saitek USB HOTAS

Post by Oz_Cougar »

Quick question .... are they both running off the same USB controller? Some people have reported similar issues which have been resolved by moving either device onto a different USB port.

Cheers
Barred

Post by Barred »

As Oz says split them up.

For once there is a marrage made in heaven but only works when they are spit up !

[ February 08, 2005, 04:47 AM: Message edited by: Barred ]
ontarff

Post by ontarff »

They are plugged into 2 different USB ports on separate cards. In the device manager window they are both listed under the same USB Controllers drop down list. I don't think my computer has 2 different USB controllers although I have a separate USB PCI expansion board with 4 USB ports. Do I need to install another USB controller?
Barred

Post by Barred »

To be honest I am not that sure about PCI addon USB boards. I know that under my Hardware Manager that I have the TIR under USB Controlers and the Cougar under HID (Human Interface Devices.)

Normally the symptoms you describe are clasic USB Port overload, caused by having bothe the TIR and HOTAS bing connected to the same USB Port on your PC (irrespective if they are conected via a Hub) and changing USB port for one of them cures the problem.

[ February 08, 2005, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: Barred ]
ontarff

Post by ontarff »

UPDATE.. The Saitek HOTAS works good without activating the key mapping profile. I have basic flight controls. The throttle/rudder works as well. I just reprogrammed the HOTAS controls using the F4/Controllers window and saved the config to TracIR setting.

The problem I have now is that I only have limited programability. The F4 sim does not recognize M1, M2 or M3 on the Saitek X-36. It does not recognize the pinkie shift+other button function either.

I programmed my HOTAS for basic flight control functions (i.e. wheel brakes, speed brake, next steerpoint, etc..) but I don't have full function of the Saitek HOTAS.

This is OK for just cruising around in the 3D pit but I need A-A and A-G modes as well.
ontarff

Post by ontarff »

UPDATE...I just installed the "Falcon Switcher 1.3" to switch between BMS 2.0 and vanilla SP4.

I also inserted the other command for the 2D pit in the falconsp.cfg file. Now the orange LED comes on whenever I enable the Saitek profile with either installs.

[ February 11, 2005, 11:33 PM: Message edited by: ontarff ]
snake122

Post by snake122 »

Just wanted to make a cross forum link here so the maximum amount of information is available.

http://forums.frugalsworld.com/vbb/show ... post930805
ontarff

Post by ontarff »

UPDATE...PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!

I changed the hot key commands for the TIR. They were conflicting with key commands for my Saitek Falcon 4 profile. Easy enough!